What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (43 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Congratulations on acquiring the undisputed best color ever offered in the 100 series. Oh, there's the Thunder Cloud and there's black... but come on... I think we can all acknowledge that Garnet Pearl Metallic is in a class by itself. What? Okay, I'm a bit biased. Seriously though, congrats on a great looking 100.

Ha...I like the color but best, nah :)

@Taildragon did that truck come from a Subaru dealer in McKinney TX? If so my buddy passed on it right before you jumped on it...because of the color (sorry @Manhattan ). That was a GREAT deal...congrats.

@TriArcher sold it before I left 100sintheHills, couldn't take two racks home.

Removed the cup holder and the middle piece from the middle console. Rip out the fake woods and clean the glue - what a PITA. The underneath was really nasty and sticky, so clean them real good. Even manage to get the cover for cup holder to function again. It was stuck at open all the time. Look much better without the faded fake wood crap, but wonder if there is anything I can do to the middle piece since its old looking and scratched up (beside buying new piece).

Edit:
How to remove the center console and stereo? I want to take it completely off without the buttons or AC controls so i can really clean it and paint it. Is there a matching Krylon color code for these pieces?

Hey @bucfl you are doing the same thing as I am. Easy enough - see picture below. 6 clips that hold the cupholder and middle piece. Just carefully pull up/pry. Hope this helps. I am not sure about the stereo though...

Let me know what you decide, if you going to paint them?
Chris

WP_000961.jpg

Last edited:
Ha...I like the color but best, nah :)

@Taildragon did that truck come from a Subaru dealer in McKinney TX? If so my buddy passed on it right before you jumped on it...because of the color (sorry @Manhattan ). That was a GREAT deal...congrats.

Thanks!

It did. I have owned a maroon 80 before, so I had warmed up to the color. I'm pretty happy with 16,900 for an 06 with 140k and all mx records.

@bctlex

I managed to get all the wood off. I used 3M adhesive remover; DONT use it. It removed the grey color from the rear left arm rest, so i may paint those. I purchased GooGone but have been too busy to keep going. I plan on starting back up this weekend and hopefully complete the cleaning part. Then depending on how it turns out ill leave as is or do light sanding and painting.

t
Removed the cup holder and the middle piece from the middle console. Rip out the fake woods and clean the glue - what a PITA. The underneath was really nasty and sticky, so clean them real good. Even manage to get the cover for cup holder to function again. It was stuck at open all the time. Look much better without the faded fake wood crap, but wonder if there is anything I can do to the middle piece since its old looking and scratched up (beside buying new piece).

Edit:

Hey @bucfl you are doing the same thing as I am. Easy enough - see picture below. 6 clips that hold the cupholder and middle piece. Just carefully pull up/pry. Hope this helps. I am not sure about the stereo though...

Let me know what you decide, if you going to paint them?
Chris

View attachment 1125839
hank you sir. i have been trying to figure this out. i didnt want to break the piece. now i can finish wiring my radio woot woot

Added the Slee custom 18" Rigid light bar and bracket, wired to the OEM fogs. Just need to do the high-beam foglight mod this weekend and I'll be happy.

082715_lightbar.jpg

For the front- new bearings, seals (including the inner axle seals at the diff.), rebuilt the axles with new boots, new sway bar ends links and bushings, new ball joint boots, and new rotors. (all OE Toyota parts)

DSC02247.JPG

And for the rear axles- New bearings, seals, rotors, and both sets of brakes (pads and shoes).

DSC02027.JPG

For the front- new bearings, seals (including the inner axle seals at the diff.), rebuilt the axles with new boots, new sway bar ends links and bushings, new ball joint boots, and new rotors. (all OE Toyota parts)

View attachment 1126484

And for the rear axles- New bearings, seals, rotors, and both sets of brakes (pads and shoes).

View attachment 1126485

Homemade rear wheel spacer..... Or did you just clean the blue anodizing off the Slee/Spidertrax ones?

Looks a lot more stealth, I like it!

-G

^^^
Looks like a machining Mark in the rotor, no spacer

Replaced my heater hose T's. Thanks Mr. Toyota for making this 10 minute job take me a few hours due to the clamps being in the worst possible direction. So frustrating! At least I got it done, and put the clamps on the way they should have been from the factory!

Removed...

tsremoved.JPG

Installed...

tsinstalled.JPG

Just finished installing extended brake lines. It took a week because one of the hard lines (the one from the rear crossmember to the engine bay) was no good and had to be replaced. It turned out to be pretty easy.

Well my tachometer is out and I haven't solved that one yet, but I figured I need some sort of victory, so let's look under the hood. Namely, wanted to check up on the heater tees:

Found this:

2015-08-29-17.58.28-Copy.jpg

Fortunately, I already bought two in anticipation and swapped them in. Here are the old ones (2005 Land Cruiser at 175,000miles):

2015-08-29-18.49.06-Copy.jpg

2015-08-29-18.49.28-Copy.jpg

Heater Tee Time Lapse replacement:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom