Install work lights (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi,

If anyone could take the time to help me by telling me how to install two of 10-30 volt, 5 x 3 watts led flood lights on the rear of my roof cage I'd be greatful. I don't have the slightest clue in electrics but want to learn so I can do more projects. I have two 12v connections in the back of my car I could run through possibly and also dual battery set up. I want to run them off a switch while the cars off. The lights just come with a short black and white wire. If anyone could either find or write a step by step for dummies on this that'd be great!
Thanks in advance.

geez...100 veiws and none of these pricks will help you huh?

Please post some pics of...

1. the lights

2. the rear of the truck

3. the dash where you'd like to place the switch

4. naked pics of your wife

we'll see if we can get you on the road to recovery..

Pat

Where do I start? I would recommend purchasing a relay first. One like this.

http://www.amazon.com/Absolute-RLS1...&ie=UTF8&qid=1440891507&sr=1-2&keywords=relay

Buy some wiring, I tend to use 14 gauge or larger, depending on the length and amps.

Google Image the following: wiring diagram for off road lights.

It is pretty straight forward. I recommend a test light to determine hot wires, etc. I am completely self taught. It was not too bad. You tube also helps along with google images. Now, I build all my wiring harnesses because it is a much cleaner install.

I bought all my stuff, from wires, switches, connectors, relays, etc. from Amazon.com.

Hope that helps.

This is pretty much all you need to know how to wire your lights.
www.ce20.net/blazer/relay_diagram.jpg
Good luck

Glad you posted this, too many people do it improperly. The thing I wanted to add to expand on the photo is that on the wiring diagram where you see the 15A fuse, you need to first figure out how much current you pull. Just get the total wattage of the lights and divide by 12 and you have your current. Increase the value by about 20% and get a fuse close to this value. It's not mandatory for your fuse to be super close or identical to the rating because when wires short out, hundreds of amps of current flow so don't go out looking for 17.5A fuses, just throw in a 20A fuse. I made those numbers up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom