hood difference? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys so I caught a supper deal for a hood. $50 deal for a very clean light color Fj60. So on my Fj62 I had a good size dent from the hurricanes we had a few years back in the North East. After swapping out it has gaps on both sides. Not to mention that the hood don't pop up like it did with the original fj62. Anybody else had this issue. Any mods besides weather stripping for the gaps. Thanks

Take a pic of the gaps as you see them? Hood pop issue could just be related to the pull mechanism needing to be tuned a bit.
My thoughts are that the hood would be slightly different to accommodate for the engine items inside as well as the slightly different fenders due to the different light buckets and grill.

All of the hoods are the same. Lots of reasons for the gaps, has the car ever been in an accident? Is the hood adjusted properly? This could be why it is "popping" up also. Any of the front end parts aftermarket?

I would try adjusting it a little and see if it fits better and the hood latch works better.

Thanks theside00 all it needed was some adjusting. Gap isn't really that bad. All parts OE. Not too sure of any accidents.

20150804_113931.jpg

20150804_113925.jpg

20150804_113950.jpg

20150804_113939.jpg

as @theside00 said, the hoods are the same, assuming you got an OEM hood. adjustments are probably needed. if aftermarket, there will be gaps

I know this is an old post...How did you adjust your hood to get it to sit flush with your fenders? My hood is raised on gthe passenger side. It's driving me nuts!
DA568574-D1F2-45CD-831B-74932982A41C.jpg

I know this is an old post...How did you adjust your hood to get it to sit flush with your fenders? My hood is raised on gthe passenger side. It's driving me nuts!
View attachment 1798110

Normally there are bump stops that are positioned near the front radiator support that help "prop" the hood up. Try adjusting the one on that side to see if it is hold it up more than it should be.

Normally there are bump stops that are positioned near the front radiator support that help "prop" the hood up. Try adjusting the one on that side to see if it is hold it up more than it should be.
Tried that. Didn’t help. I adjusted the bump stop on the passenger side down & the driver’s side up.

But thanks for the response!

I would start here, if you haven't already. Beyond this, do you know of any accidents or bent body work that might be causing the gap issue?

View attachment 1798375
Thank you! I did the first three steps, but only on the passenger (raised) side. I'll try it again on both the passenger and river's side, as well as step # 4. Thanks again...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom