What's On The Grill Tonight? (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You guys are challenging me again.
I'll use my new to me smoker my dad gave me, since he has no desire to use it.
It's the vertical type from Cabela's that uses propane.
I have a feeling I will still like my old and simple charcoal one I use so many times before.

I have a feeling I will still like my old and simple charcoal one I use so many times before.

I like the propane, easy to dial in the temp and let it go. We have even cooked cobblers and pies in it in the summer, more like an outdoor oven (try to keep the heat outside).

Brats, Italian sausage and Cuban rice

IMG_20150725_194104512.jpg
IMG_20150725_202524107.jpg

I like the propane, easy to dial in the temp and let it go. We have even cooked cobblers and pies in it in the summer, more like an outdoor oven (try to keep the heat outside).

Yup, the purists would cringe. However, I've got a propane smoker too and it produces some damn fine eats. :moon:
It'll put a nice bark on a shoulder even though propane supposedly burns too wet to pull that off.
Butt

Went with a group up to hurricane creek this past weekend and used the new break down grill, love it. Kabobs make great finger food.

11800037_1012871385410419_5644086736618128173_n.jpg

Grill folds and fits into flat bag in front of it. Keys are for scale

11752457_1008355879195303_6671818842993971285_n.jpg

Intrigued by that horseradish BBQ sauce.

It was interesting.. My wife really liked it. I think it would have been better on beef.

1 1/4 cups mayonnaise
1/4 cup white wine vinegar
1 tablespoon coarsely ground pepper
1 tablespoon Creole mustard
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sugar
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
1/2 teaspoon paprika

J

No pics so kick in your imagination :D

Hanging with family in Denver and it was my night to cook :). So it was Pork Souvlaki skewers.

Cubed pork shoulder to start then some marjoram & thyme out of my 'sis's backyard herb pot, minced onion, garlic, parsley, red pepper flakes, lemon juice, lemon zest, EVO, s&p...all combined and laid down for an all day rest in the fridge. Skewered and grilled until pink in the middle.

Serve it up with some yogurt, lemon juice, dill, minced shallot & garlic, diced cuke and cumin seeds.

A head of cauliflower...taken down to florets...mixed up with a healthy splash of lemon-viniagrette...and roasted on the grill in a suitable pan for about 20-minutes until golden with some light carbon spots to make it mo yummy. Toss some thin sliced garlic and scallion in for the last 5-minutes and it might just make you into a cauliflower eater.

Burp on. :D

Finally found some beef ribs on sale that have not been trimmed free of all the good stuff..
Beef Ribs.jpg

Mexican market, seared over mesquite and now in the slow cooker.

LOVE a good ribeye, plenty of meat on them. On the other hand, wife got something last weekend that was supposed to be pork chops from the local grocery - SO much fat, barely anything edible after trimming. Bleh.

LOVE a good ribeye, plenty of meat on them. On the other hand, wife got something last weekend that was supposed to be pork chops from the local grocery - SO much fat, barely anything edible after trimming. Bleh.

We are very fortunate to have such a great meat selection here for as small as the area is. Prices are cheap and I've never had an issue with the quality.

J

With a local carniceria close by, weekend dinners have become a wonderful twist from the norm.

Although we are still in the marinated asada gig. Dosen't get much better than this wrapped in handmade tortillas with pico and rancherra salsa.:cool:
ca1.jpg
ca2.jpg
ca3.jpg

Split, I do the same with the "Spring" or "Mexican" green onions, except that I am the only one in the house that will eat them.

With the price of Tri Tip at or around 7.99 a pound (20.00 +/-) each untrimmed, I tried a sirloin ball tip on the grill. It was a big hunk of meat, and grilled up good. It did not have enough fat on it, although I used EVOO after seasonings to help. It was OK, but I would rather use it for some chili or stew. Leftovers were vacume sealed for just that purpose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom