12ht injector lines (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm undertaking the gasket replacement on my intake and I need to remove the injector lines to do the job, my question is when I reinstall the injector lines do I tighten fully and then crank
motor, or do I need to have them opened a fraction to bleed the lines and then crank & tighten?
If I have cross over pipes on I cannot access to tighten, what is normal practice ? This my first attempt at play with injector line to remove and reinstall.

I usually install them all and tighten enough to get them to force into final position. Then install the rubber retainers.
You will want to tighten the end at the pump completely. Then you can just loosen the end on the injectors to make sure the ends are not seated. The threads can be completely engaged so long as the pipe is loose

And make sure to cover the pump and injector ports up when lines are off.
Blow the lines out with air before mounting.

I didn't have any issues with air, didn't need to bleed anything.
It was just some rough idle the first 40 seconds or so.

I think the high fuel pressure of the 12ht pump solves that.

And I just fired it up without the crossovers on at first, just a sock as a air filter.
When it ran normally, I put them on.

Thanks gents, I learnt the hard way regarding the injector ports, when removed the sound deadner it crumbled into some of the ports, I removed what I could but will get vacum to suck up any Debre still in there.

Well I installed the intake gasket twice,, after taking my time all week to go through and take things apart, on Friday night I put all back together and got it ready to fire up Saturday morning, bleed the pump, I had already tightened the injector lines, cranked over 10sec or so, Bingo she fired up, I was pretty happy with myself, them I tried to shut her down and wouldn't turn off, and their was hissing noise, ,.....at closer inspection when I put the intake gasket on the bottom half and fallen out of the intake cover, and I tightened up with some of the gasket hanging out , "you are kidding me"
So I ripped all apart again and corrected gasket and put back together in about 90 minutes,
Again only bleed pump and lines about 12times , then tightened, back together and cranked 10-15sec bingo fired up

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom