Tire Decisions 2015 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 2014 Land Cruiser with about 8000 miles. Completely Stock suspension and will stay that way for the next couple of years. Sad to say that 99% is city and highway driving in Dallas, TX.

I blew a tire yesterday so this decision has been moved up a few months. I will be buying at least 4 maybe 5 new tires. Can I have your opinions on these options.

1. Goodyear Duratracs 275/70r18
2. BFG KO2 275/70r18
3. BFG KO@ 285/65r18

Yes I have looked at the list and searched. A lot of the tires chosen were not based on what is available now.

I have 285/65r18 ko2 if they had the 275/70r18 when I bought available I would have done those for the extra side wall...

I love thee tires they are great have very little noise... Cruiser does ride a little rougher and I seem to only be able to squeeze 15.5 to 16 on highway now and only average about 14 both... These tires kick ass in the snow and drive great on road... You will loose acceleration as the tires are heavy as ****

I like KO2. They are on 17" TRD rock warrior wheels.

I have 285/65r18 ko2 if they had the 275/70r18 when I bought available I would have done those for the extra side wall...

I love thee tires they are great have very little noise... Cruiser does ride a little rougher and I seem to only be able to squeeze 15.5 to 16 on highway now and only average about 14 both... These tires kick ass in the snow and drive great on road... You will loose acceleration as the tires are heavy as ****

Your thread is where I got a lot of my info from. Any worries about a stock suspension Cruiser with the 275/70r18's? This would be my first choice in size. Just need to make sure they fit with no issues. Also want to make sure the spare will fit. Not worried too much about mileage and noise as I know it will be affected some.

If the 275's work, any opinions between Goodyear and BFG? I have had several trucks with BFG t/a's before. Never had a set of Goodyears. They all seem to be priced pretty close to the same.

I just ordered a set of Michelin LTX M/S2 in 275/70R18 for my 2008. Still waiting for them to arrive. Hope they are not too big.

According to mscruiser's tire info page most members say it fits with no issues... My local discount tires gave me 10 days to try the tires and if I didn't like them they would return it and swap out.. Talk to your discount they can test fit, then just go to a trail and get some flex to see if it rubs.... Don't beat on the tires to much though they might not return it

I'm in the same boat...2011 and will be replacing my stock tires with 35,000 miles. Need to make a decision soon and my list is the same as yours as well as the Michelin ltx. Stock set up and no lift as well.

I'm running the Goodyear Duratracs 275 70 R18s now but changing wheels to 17s since I off road a good bit. These will go on sale soon if anyone is interested. Three are almost new and two - including spare have probably 75% left. Includes discount tires road hazard which is transferable and cost $46 per tire. Not trying to hijack so I will shut up know. But good set up for those keeping factory wheels size.

I'm in the same boat...2011 and will be replacing my stock tires with 35,000 miles. Need to make a decision soon and my list is the same as yours as well as the Michelin ltx. Stock set up and no lift as well.

I will post here this Saturday once I have mine mounted and have some miles on them.

I have the Nitto Terra Grappler G2s in 295-70-17 on Rock Warrior rims on my Tundra. Great tire, not loud on the highway and very strong sidewalls.

I am going to go to discount tire and try the 275/70r18 k02's. I have to stay with 18's for now. Maybe by the next set of tires, I will be ready to upgrade wheels and suspension. This will give me time to look for a set of wheels and figure out what suspension I want to go with. I will take some pics and update once they are installed.

You'll be totally fine with that size. I think the KO2's are the best option...a friend of mine has them, and they're great tires. I just wish they made them in a 295/65/18.

Interested, can u PM me?

QUOTE="BTUMAN, post: 9874221, member: 46519"]I'm running the Goodyear Duratracs 275 70 R18s now but changing wheels to 17s since I off road a good bit. These will go on sale soon if anyone is interested. Three are almost new and two - including spare have probably 75% left. Includes discount tires road hazard which is transferable and cost $46 per tire. Not trying to hijack so I will shut up know. But good set up for those keeping factory wheels size.[/QUOTE]

1909303_10153154641988965_7329776797218579116_o.jpg
275/70 R18's fit fine on and offroad! my 2 cents...

I drive a ton of miles, and I put on Michelin LTX MS/2 LT275/65R18s. I had good luck with MS/2s on other vehicles, and this was the only close size available at the time. They may not have the look that many want (including me), but they are AWESOME on the road. I have over 80,000 miles on the current set. Just my .02

Lots of highway miles, fair amount towing a utility trailer, and some "trail" miles on a few Texas ranches.

And no rub at all? I'm at 90% on road with the occasional weekend sandy beach run and the New York winters (moderate snow.)
ok, I guess at full lock if you hold the steering wheel while turning right I have felt it just barley kiss an arm down there, but barley. Other than that it never rubbed anywhere, and I flexed it all the way!

First Opinions: Worth buying for looks alone. Seriously, they change the whole look of the vehicle. I haven't been mistaken once for a highlander in the last two days.

The K02's fit fine so far. They are quiet at highway speeds with no noticeable hum or drone. You can tell they are there, which to me is a good thing. There is little difference in acceleration, but nothing that bothers me. I haven't done any emergency braking, but did a lot of stop and go traffic last night going to a baseball game and they performed fine. In fact, my wife hasn't commented on them at all. That should tell you all you need to know.

I will update more as I get some miles on them. And will try to add a picture if I can.

Uhhh, hellooo?? Pictures!?!? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom