Considering a 200. What year is the sweet spot? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys;

Starting to Look for my 3rd cruiser. First was an 80 that was my all time favorite ride. Second was a nice 100 series. Our family grew, we got minivan and an 07 Sequoia.

Now we're looking at a school for our 8 year old that's further from home, and my wife told me she thinks she'd feel more comfortable on nasty winter roads driving a 200 Series (versus an immaculate 68k Mile 07 Sequoia Limited that we bought out of Virginia so-as to get a rust free one). The Sequoia is nice...probably one of the nicest 1st Gens out there, but it's definitely not a Land Cruiser.

Thinking I'll try to find a 10 or 11 with around 50k miles, for $45k-ish. This seems to be a sweet spot. A few grand less and the mileages seem to jump way up. Takes another 10 grand to get into anything sub 30k miles. I'll make the jump this Fall, once we're sure what we're doing.

LX looks slightly less expensive than the Land Cruiser, probably because they sell 2x as many here in the U.S.

Any particular years to aim for?

This Will be something we probably put 20-25k miles a year on for 3-4 years and trade up again, so trying to buy in the "sweet spot" to minimize the financial hit:) I realize that putting that many miles on a vehicle that gets mid-teens MPG isn't the cheapest way to skin the cat, but at least we'll all be safe:)

Thanks for any thoughts!!

(PS will the '16 refresh likely cause much of a dip in prices on the 08-15 models??).

Last edited:
I paid $52k for my 2011 LX570 with 29k miles on it in October of 2014. Texas Truck, (no rust) perfect Lexus service records and in like new condition. People buy LC's to drive on trails and to the farm. People by LX's to drive to the mall. LX's are better equipped with higher end finishes. Plus better customer service and warranty. Hope this helps you find your next ride.

Heck, that's what I paid for my 2011 200 with 68k on the clock in August 2014.

When I was looking for mine the LX's were on average $3K-$4K more than a comparable LC given year built and mileage. But as you eluded to, its probably easier to find an LX than a LC since they sold that many more of them (in my area I's wager I see about 4-5 LX's for every LC).

As far as a particular year, it kinda boils down to if you want the newer headlights on to 2013+ models. The powertrain has stayed the same (don't think they have made and mid-model changes in that regard). I'd definitely go for the LX is you can find one in your price range.

I suggest that you buy the newest one that you can afford. Good rule of thumb for most used cars.

2013 or newer! ride much more quiet, and have new features... Cameras, radar cruise cooled seats, redesigned front end, not sure if automatic wipers are new or not

Auto wipers are equipped on my 2011

That being said, last time I checked, there was close to a $10k price difference between a 2011 and 2013. Not worth it IMHO.

I would say if the 13+ headlights and cooled/ventilated seats are not an issue for you, then the 11 is the sweet spot as far as price and value go.
Cost ranges 8-12k less for the 11s vs 13+. Just incase you were not aware, they skipped the 12s in the US market and went from 11 to 13.

2013 also gets HD NAV and Entune. As opposed to DVD-NAV and very little in way of infotainment pre-2013. Fake wood also looks more realistic, but still a joke.

FYI, 2011 was the last year that Super White was available on a US Cruiser, which is, of course, the best color on a Cruiser wagon. ;)

Auto wipers are equipped on my 2011

That being said, last time I checked, there was close to a $10k price difference between a 2011 and 2013. Not worth it IMHO.
I didn't think it was worth it either... That's why I talked the sales guy to get me one for 71k lol... Had to settle for silver though even though I wanted white or black... But for 9g it was worth it...

Don't know how the used market is though...

2013+ LC just got a bunch of the features that the LX570 had from the start. If you are looking for a highway cruiser, try to find a 2010+ LX570 which is when they added the USB connectivity and Bluetooth music streaming. All LX570s have cooled seats, auto headlights with leveling, auto wipers, auto suspension, etc. The radar cruise and lane departure stuff was optional so you have to look for it if you want it. Most LXs also come with rear seat entertainment already.

We bought our 2010 LX in Spring 2014 with 38K miles for $48,500.

Thanks all for the comments. Very GOOD comments, too. I think we'll probably head towards an LX when we make the jump. They seem to have mostly mall-cruiser duty, and the prices I'm seeing are lower than comparable LC's. Thanks again!!

2013+ LC just got a bunch of the features that the LX570 had from the start. If you are looking for a highway cruiser, try to find a 2010+ LX570 which is when they added the USB connectivity and Bluetooth music streaming. All LX570s have cooled seats, auto headlights with leveling, auto wipers, auto suspension, etc. The radar cruise and lane departure stuff was optional so you have to look for it if you want it. Most LXs also come with rear seat entertainment already.

We bought our 2010 LX in Spring 2014 with 38K miles for $48,500.
Did the LC gain BT streaming audio in 2010 as well?

BT as in BlueTooth?

My 2011 has BlueTooth Audio

Not sure the difference but here is what was added in '13:

Land Cruiser will come standard with Toyota’s new Premium HDD Navigation system with Entune™ and JBL®. The system includes an eight-inch touch/spilt-screen with an integrated backup camera display, AM/FM CD player with MP3/WMA playback capability, 14 JBL speakers including subwoofer, SiriusXM™ Satellite Radio capability (includes three-month trial subscription to XM Select Package); HD Radio™ with iTunes® Tagging, USB port with iPod® connectivity and control, vehicle information, hands-free phone capability, phone book access, advanced voice recognition, and music streaming via Bluetooth® wireless technology.

Toyota’s new Entune multimedia system leverages the mobile smartphone to provide a richer in-vehicle experience with fully integrated access to navigation, entertainment and information services.

Toyota Entune debuts the Land Cruiser’s first-ever support for engaging mobile apps, such as Bing, OpenTable, and movietickets.com, along with accessing useful travel-related services, such as live weather, traffic, fuel information (location and price), stocks, and sports. Entune brings one of the largest selection of music options available to a vehicle, including iHeartRadio’s 750+ stations, and Pandora’s personalized music service (access to Entune services is complimentary for three years).

The audio systems combined with Entune feature an advanced conversational voice recognition system that helps the driver to stay focused on the road by eliminating the need to memorize thousands of voice commands.

The wood is still fake on the LC. "Simulated wood"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom