Fj80 Troopy build Aus (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys and girls.

Billy Here with another 40 build

Years ago I built a 1hzt 47 series ute, build up is on here. It was good until things got out of hand and turned it into a short course racer. I was gonna to bring the 47 back to life but it would need a lot of work done to it to be able to get it rego'd back on the road in Australia. So I had the troopy sitting there. I had bought it very cheap with aircon and powersteer, flogged the power steer setup and chassis off from it and thought bugger it. Il build another. A Friend of a friend was selling his fj80 cruiser cheap so it was the perfect donor! anyway il stop rambling along and show you what ive been up to these past 3 months

cheers

Here it my old 47 series coiled fresh 1hz turbo twin locked 3 linked etc
IMG_0654.JPG

and it turned into this ls1 powered short course racer.

old iphone 2015 002.JPG

old iphone 2015 210 - Copy - Copy.JPG
old iphone 2015 213 - Copy - Copy.JPG
old iphone 2015 214 - Copy - Copy.JPG
old iphone 2015 215 - Copy - Copy.JPG
so here is the troopy. bought it from out in western qld and I dare say its been a country car its whole life! bugger all rust for one of these down here. she was full of red dirt, sure took some cleaning!
old iphone 2015 213 - Copy - Copy.JPG

old iphone 2015 214 - Copy - Copy.JPG

nice live .22 round in the rust guard haha.. really neeed to dig that out!
old iphone 2015 215 - Copy - Copy.JPG

thought id show off my collection. troopy, bj74 mwb 13bt auto, the old 47, my friends fj80 extra cab chop ls1 we are in the process and a 84 fj40 on a cut and shortened 60 series chassis with 2h turbo auto twin locked on 35s
got myself a new pipe bender thanks to my friend shaun who makes them! mad bit of gear

I've been watching this on the 40 Facebook page, its good to see all the pics in one place, and its looking fantastic.

Did you ever consider running a different offset wheel to reduce the track width and the width of the front guards and rear flares?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom