Twistys Aussie HJ45 Buildup/Resto (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So I'm guessing no blower or heater tap, were you running an aftermarket ac or something? I can't remember ....and is the EDIC missing/eliminated ? Or just not got that far

Yep, I am removing the factory blower & heater. I haven't made up my mind on exactly what to replace it with yet. I'd like aircon, but don't want to spend the extra money just yet. Don't really need a heater in QLD either, so for now it'll probably just get a 12v hairdryer for a demister and that's about it.

And correct, no EDIC or factory glow system anymore.

Nice build mate your getting it sorted now.

Thanks, feels like the end is finally in sight.

That fuel tank is beautiful, but Q are you not concerned w vapors in the cab?

Thanks. The original tank was in the cab and I didn't have any fume issues, so I can't see this one being any different. The breather vents outside of the cabin.

Couple youtube videos of the first test drives of the ute last night after the turbo, disc brakes, and power steer installation. All went perfect. Now I just need to get the styleside tub on and start the full re-wire. End is finally in sight!!

Cheers all!!

I got the front panels fitted up for the final time today. Then just stood back and drank beer. I was pretty stoked with how its looking.

DSC_0051_zps4x7sfboo.jpg

DSC_0050_zpsbxxe49i1.jpg

DSC_0049_zps8fger3hz.jpg

Cheers guys.

I picked up the styleside from the painters yesterday, really happy with it. It just needs the flares on to look the part. Also need to spend some time getting everything lined up properly too.

20150509_130749_zpstndiffdz.jpg

20150509_164122_zps9t0r5mza.jpg

20150509_164238_zpsd5c6sosq.jpg

Small update pictures wise but we are making good progress on the full re-wire and other finishing touches.

I finally have everything back from the painters so have everything needed to finish it now, just need time.

19083_788324334599095_3272458246350535412_n_zpste9i9vns.jpg

Looking good mate

That looks fkn awesome mate. Keep the pics coming

After almost 2 years my ute finally starts with the key again! So stoked with how the full re-wire has turned out. Massive job for my mate that has done most of it, but so worth it!

20150802_093122_zps4ekuglxh.jpg

Looking good mate
That looks fkn awesome mate. Keep the pics coming
Wow this truck will go anywhere she's looking good twisty :)

Thanks!!!

where did you get those rear fenders?

They are 150mm wide FJ40 flares from Eureka Offroad in Victoria, Australia. He used to have a website but I can't find it anymore, they may have shut down. The quality was pretty average but they turned out good after I had them cut n shut on each side to be equal length and match the styleside tub.

Fitted up the spotted gum timber floor with stainless steel strips and bolts. Polishing was done by Darrell's Metal Polishing, awesome service and finish is perfect.
Darrell's Metal Polishing

20151004_093930_zpsrhuf1nlz.jpg

20151003_120829_zpsuvgz2ysa.jpg

20151003_120833_zpsh2aqq65a.jpg

Also fitted up the locking hubs (polished by Darrell) and chrome bullet wheel nuts.
DSC_0346_zpsn2s78ouu.jpg

Temporary Mickey Thompson centre cap on the rear until I can sort a method one in the right size.
DSC_0345_zpsaa9ibzay.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom