The Cursed Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yes, in braided SS. Don't remember where I got them.

Well I got the break lines ordered from Marlin Crawler. $107 for everything but they're SS and it includes new clips and such.

So I need some input. My oil pan ftom my 89 does leak oil. It currently has a cork gasket and I'm going to use FPIG. My only issue is the block has some dents which is where its leaking from. Will the FPIG stop the leaks or should I jb weld and file it flat? My plan is to pull the old motor change oil and filter then do the front and rear main seal along with the oil pan gasket to get it to stop leaking.

I've got the OME kit coni g. Does anyone have an pointers to line up the front and rear axle anf just general instal tips to make ones life easier?

Man, I'm really trying to think back... The rear was cake. Install fixed ends of springs first, then shackle ends. IIRC I tried to leave the axle attached and work round brake lines, shocks, e-brake cable, ect. This is possible but looking back it was a PITA. The front was a royal C yoU Next Tuesday. Remove the front trac bar, remove the steering linkage at the j arm. This will make moving the axle around more manageable. The trac bar won't really bolt back up fyi. I think I bolted the fixed end up then bolted the axle to the springs and then lifted it up to the shackle end. Not sure if I would do this again but it worked ok. Let me know how it goes

Oh and btw, I've decided very recently to ditch the OME rears for Chevy's. The OME's ride God awful... But I was seriously contemplating taking a leaf out instead.... IIRC you have an 84 single cab truck just like me. I would highly suggest removing the bottom leaf (just above the over load). My truck is slightly raked up in the rear. This would help level it and make the ride better. Just my .02

I don't know if I'll need to toast. Remember i do have a flatbed that easily weighs 500 lbs. But I'll watch it and see how i like it. Thanks for the input.

Oh yeah! You might be good then. But my shackle angle is literally vertical.

Well finally got around to getting some major work done. Had to cut the bolts on the permanent shackle to get the springs out. Now I'm installing the rear springs. Lost the little washer for the brakes so I'm going to have to pick that up tomorrow or Saturday

Oh I'm trying to tale them. But what are ya'll running for bump stops on this? I was hoping to remove the bolt from the old one but it doesn't look like that'll work? and @Toast can you posta picture of your steering stabilizer if it's OME so I know how to install it?

I figured it out. I'll post up some pictures in the morning.

Well I got the lift on. With one picture. That shackle angle though haha. But now I get new tires, BFG KM2's. I also ordered new cab mount bushings from Marlin Crawler.

IMG_20150711_222226807.jpg

What's you normal angle look like with all the weight on it?

Almost straight up and down. But I'm still waiting the springs to settle

That's what I figured. Hope you carry a consistent heavy load.... Or go 63s

Is your flatbed on? Also I forgot, did you go medium or heavy springs?

Flatbed is on with Heavy Duty springs. Which it perfect for them to be this way as during winters if it gets bad I put about 500-700 more pounds on the back for traction.

Does anyone by chance have a set of fenders that'll fit an 84 pickup? Finally getting around to fixing them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom