Differences between 2015 200 and LX570? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all. Lucky enough to have finally bought my first LC and also bought the wife an LX570. Wondering if there are specific differences in engine, suspension, etc - seems like LC has KDSS and LX doesn't? Also feels like LC engine accels a bit more smoothly but maybe that's just my mind?

Any info would be really interesting! Thanks

The LC does have KDSS, but does not have AHC. Your wife will greatly appreciate AHC with its valet mode and such.

The LC's rear seats are not power, nor is its liftgate. The LX has upgraded interior materials.

The LC and LX have the same engine, however the LX is tuned differently and requires premium unleaded vs the LC's 87. Your acceleration feel might be due to wrong grade of fuel. It makes 2 more horsepower but is much slower than the LC since it has a lot more weight. 0-60 is @ 6.3 vs 7.5ish depending on what mags you subscribe to.

0-60 is @ 6.3 vs 7.5ish depending on what mags you subscribe to.

Has this testing been done by the same mag, at the same time? That kind of a difference is really shocking given that we're basically talking about the same core truck/engine and weights within 5% of each other...

Also 18's vs the 20's... The 18's are lighter and they will help with acceleration... Wheel weight makes a biggest difference on acceleration imho Just slap on some 59 lb AT tires and you will feel the difference at the pump and when accelerating... But at least you won't be left stranded stuck or with a flat in no mans land... Acceleration and gas mileage for off road performance... Personally I think the land cruiser will have less problems down the road because it has no ahc and less electronics to deal with just imho And better resale value than the Lx...

"Personally I think the land cruiser will have less problems down the road because it has no ahc and less electronics to deal with just imho And better resale value than the Lx..."

This^^^^^^^. This is definitely a thing Rando, I couldn't agree with you more.

Thanks so much all. Great info. Clearly I'm pretty new at this - surprised to hear the engines would be tuned differently?

After six months of ownership there's really only one difference I've paid attention to - my teenage boys only want to ride in the LC!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom