Checking out a 8274 tomorrow - what should I be looking for? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
A local guy has one for sale and says it works. I'm going to check it out tomorrow. What should I be looking for?

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Take a spare battery with you and see what it does.

+1, but be prepared to rebuild everything so price it accordingly. You can get a running one down here for a few hundred dollars.

Decided to buy it this morning. It had been sitting outside for two years according to the seller. Got it to work by bypassing the solenoid pack. It's missing the remote, but other than than it seems complete. I'll rebuild it over the winter. Not bad I think for $200.

image.jpg
image.jpg

$200 is a great deal. Rebuild is not hard, lots of pics and video's available.

Seems like all the solenoids work, but I still can't get the winch to turn using them. I will try to clean all terminals tomorrow to see if that helps.

Not sure if I'm going to keep or sell it, but either way, I will probably install one of the Superwinch contactors. It now spools out ok, but one of the power in solenoids still stick a bit.
Got the wire rope all off. I am really impressed with how well everything is made. I can now see why this winch is so popular. Here is how it looks now. I'm going to get new hardware tomorrow, and will continue to clean all the electrical connections.

image.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom