1960/62 FJ 25/40 new owner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
FJ45brian.jpg
Well, this kid out in California did not really know what he had and..... Just kidding. Like the title says, I just bought a 1962 FJ40 FST. However, it has the 25 front metal off of an old donor due to some sustained damage from 30 years ago. The rest is 1962 FJ40.

My plans:
Drool over the pictures for the next 2 3/4 years due to being in Germany (stationed). Maybe spend money on things it'll need. I welcome help/suggestions from the 25/early 40 guys!

When I get back... military NDT and as stock as possible!
I need a lot of parts: The biggest being seats. I'd like to source t-stamped caps (which mud member did the repros?) Maybe Trollhole can do a canvas top and door skins?
Possible trade for an early 40 bib / stamped bezel for the FJ25 equivalent. And a ton of other stuff.

Awesome Daniel!! I might have an early bib for you, i'll have to check. And man you got some serious patience waiting 2.75 years before you get to lay your hands on her...... how about some more pics! :beer:

Awesome!

fjbeian2.jpg

fjBrian10.jpg
fjBrian11.jpg

delightful! there is lots of it there. are you planning resto or get her going as is? would love to trade bibs but usa/aust postage is a pita$$

I see what is going on. Glad this passed on to a Mudder.

That thing is gorgeous. Just my opinion, but I'd keep the 25 bib as is; it looks sweet. Congratulations on the acquisition. You did good!

I love how these old gals just keep showing up!

Thanks. 25 front ends are cool. We'll see. Maybe I'll keep it too... since I have a real stamped bezel already.

What is the vin? Might be a 61.

I'm guessing the intake on the apron came with the FJ25 bib. That intake ended within first the thousand FJ40s made. Can't tell if it has the large gas cap. Those and the front arm on the jump seats last longer. I don't see the bracket for the front arm rest. Does it have the large gas cap?

Glad this went to somebody who will restore it. Personally I would find the correct bib and bazel for it. Save the 25 parts for when get one of those. I know Marshall was having some health issues. Hopefully he is doing better and will tackle the canvas. Without canvas I thinking of using my bows for conduit for a extra circuit in the garage.

"Without canvas I was thinking of using my bows for conduit for an extra circuit in the garage."

Now that's just plain nasty and very extravagant !

I'm guessing the intake on the apron came with the FJ25 bib. That intake ended within first the thousand FJ40s made. Can't tell if it has the large gas cap. Those and the front arm on the jump seats last longer. I don't see the bracket for the front arm rest. Does it have the large gas cap?

Glad this went to somebody who will restore it. Personally I would find the correct bib and bazel for it. Save the 25 parts for when get one of those. I know Marshall was having some health issues. Hopefully he is doing better and will tackle the canvas. Without canvas I thinking of using my bows for conduit for a extra circuit in the garage.

Frame definitely is a 1962. Has the front bumper gussets.

Not a funny joke about the soft top bow conduit!

Now that's just plain nasty and very extravagant !

Not a funny joke about the soft top bow conduit!

Not sure why you would be upset. It's been over thirteen years I been looking for canvas. Only had one I was looking for at that Time. Now I could use more with no hope of finding any. Been four times I had hope none but panned out. Anyone heard anything from the guy in Oregon who posted in my thread sending PM to the guy who had a all original top? Then nothing. Would it make you feel better if I used them to make a top for my M416 trailer. At least that way I would get some use out of them.

Grrrrrrr. I'll be having a top made for my 1962 within the next year. I'll keep you posted.

Don't worry no early soft top bows will be harmed. Only thing that could happen is use a later partial set to complete section behind the B pillar on the early bows. That won't happen until canvas is available and only if I find I have a need for another set besides my full sets. I was ready to tackle this project a while ago when a original top showed up in So. CA not to far away. https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/so.785115/ Believe it was in JohnnyC's soft top thread after that top was got posted that someone in Oregon (a friend of Shane's I believe) posted he was ready to do the project and sent a PM to the person with the top. That was probably a year and half ago. Nothing about it since from either the top owner or the guy who was going to make them.:bang: I'm hoping that since Trollhole out sources his tops that maybe it may happen. Really need a tub and bows to use as a pattern. A lot of effort was put in to being sure any bows used were correct to the other bows out there. Believe all those measurements were in Mike (FoxFab's) thread with the Badger top. To avoid any fitting issues if someone making top with the idea of selling them those measurements should be used.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom