Dipstick (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Make sure that the tube did not leave a section in the block...

mine is broken at the block, as well...was wondering where the oil was coming from...took a year and a half and about 20K miles to find it...musta happened when the engine laid down in the trailer for the ride home from the machine shop...I imagine there is a broken length of tube in the block:mad: which will take a perfectly sized punch to remove; not to mention, everything that has to be done to get there...Heck, I haven't even began to look for a replacement tube, but maybe it's time to start...

toyota oil level gage guide for 2F 11452-61010
toyota oil level gage for 2F 15301-61010
still trying to find...Beno would know...

The dipstick was no longer available so I assumed the other wouldnt be available also. I'll give my Toyota dealer a call.

looks like the 60010 tube is an update to the 60013 found in earlier 2Fs, and all dipsticks are the same...

So the dealer has (can get) the 61010. It appears to be the right one so I ordered it in hopes it will work. Thanks for all the help.

mine is broken at the block, as well...was wondering where the oil was coming from...took a year and a half and about 20K miles to find it...musta happened when the engine laid down in the trailer for the ride home from the machine shop...I imagine there is a broken length of tube in the block:mad: which will take a perfectly sized punch to remove; not to mention, everything that has to be done to get there...Heck, I haven't even began to look for a replacement tube, but maybe it's time to start...

Maybe find a screw that is just large enough to bite into the tube? Thread it in and try to yank it out...

yeah or drop pan and pull from under...pretty sure it sticks down from the lip of the block a bit...but I could be wrong; been some time...

It's definitely accessible from underneath I just need to find a punch the same size and knock it out from the bottom.

Please keep us posted with all that was required to remove the old tube and how the new one was installed. Thanks.

Yes, enjoy the leisure time!

There is a thread about the dip-tube.... in the 40's section... Search "how to remove oil level gauge guide without going to the machine shop" by Mcladin

i tried to link the thread but ... Copy and paste did not work

There ya go

So after a great day on the water I woke up this morning determined to remove the old oil guide tube. Since I had the oil pan off it made this a little easier. I just went through my drill bits until I found one that would insert into the hole backwards and be snug. The one that worked measured .292. I put it in the hole and with three light taps it came right out. 5 minute job.
image.jpg

Nice to see the fix, and it was not harmful to the engine it seems.
But I thought your son damaged it (and was lying) but it was the first time you checked oil ?
Hope he enjoys the ride, my parents gave me their new car to take on a holiday to Spain when I got my license, good you let him ride it :cheers:

So I bought this cruiser from the original owner. It was being driven about 3-5 times a year. When I bought it I changed the oil but I have to be honest I never pulled the dipstick as I've changed lots of 2F oil. My son has been driving it so I wanted to check to see if it was burning any oil. That's when I discovered that the dipstick was broke. I want to blame him but the reality is it probably wasn't him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom