Hilux solid axle steering gear service manual? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have Hilux LN106 (Solid front axle) and have steering gear leek but am
unable to find service manual for non-IFS.

It is pretty different from the IFS-type, it is horizontaly mounted vs
vertically mounted on IFS-type.

Anyone has manual? Or some experience?
Does it share oil with steering fluid?

dont quite understand what yer gettin at horizontally/vert stuff. maybe cause im super tired and such.

check the faq for a 85 or older truck and youll find one with your solid axle stuff.

the power steering system uses ATF dexron

i can tell you from experince it is NOT fun at all resealing the output shaft seal on these gears.

its a reciprocating ball design that uses a bunch of balls that like to run off.
other techs chime in is it 44 steel balls?

yeah, its a PITA to get the nylon seal around the piston to body to go together with out slicing it.

just find a used non leaking one

dont quite understand what yer gettin at horizontally/vert stuff. maybe cause im super tired and such.
check the faq for a 85 or older truck and youll find one with your solid axle stuff.
the power steering system uses ATF dexron

IFS has the pitman arm in horizontal position while the solid axle has the pitman arm in vertical position - hence the gear housing is mounted differently and the steering housing is different.

Older truck has different type of steering box :(

And for the oil - I know the power steering uses ATF, but what about steering gear box?
It says to use gear oil in IFS manual - so there is both gear oil and ATF in the steering gear box?

I have a LN106 Toyota Hilux 4X4. All the oil from the power steering box is spraying out through a hole about 1/8" wide between high pressure and return lines. Does anyone know what is the cause and how to fix it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom