Yellow Jackets (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Not the rambling wrecks...

This year, when I've tried to mow my back yard I have had to do it in 1/3rds because about that time I get stung by yellow jackets. I can't find their nests.

I want a poison that I can put out at night that will cover the entire yard and kill the little bastards.

Help me Obi-Wan, you're my only hope.

Did I mention that 3-6 stings in quick succession is not my bag?

In a similar situation, I walked my lawn on a cool morning and was able to find the hole to the nest. When it is cool, the yellow jackets seemed to be less aggressive and were hanging out at the nest. So the yellow on the ground was the visual clue that allowed me to find them.

The next morning, I poured bug killer down the hole and it worked. A few hours later, there were hundreds of dead yellow jackets scattered around the hole.
Good luck

At the college we use a powder...I believe it gets on their legs and they drag it back to the nest.

At home I use a mixture of gas and motor oil at night, poured down the hole....topped off with some 90 weight gear oil as a nightcap once it gets going.

I just soak an old washcloth with gas, wad it up and toss on the hole in the evening, done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom