Gossamer- '87 FJ60 aka "The Red Monster" (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool.

No hurry on my end. I've still got paint and bodywork to do--and no schedule yet for when I get to do it. ;)

Dan

@reevesci Add me to this conversation when you get some pics together... I would be interested in a bolt-on DIY kit as well.. Well I would be interested in it but not sure about my welding skills being interested!! LOL

New shocks, bushings and the AAL springs will be going on next month. I tried to take another stab at the welding and just did more damage than anything so calling in my buddy again to have him fix my screw ups.

@reevesci Add me to this conversation when you get some pics together... I would be interested in a bolt-on DIY kit as well.. Well I would be interested in it but not sure about my welding skills being interested!! LOL

New shocks, bushings and the AAL springs will be going on next month. I tried to take another stab at the welding and just did more damage than anything so calling in my buddy again to have him fix my screw ups.

I know I've been promising the sliders... I SWEAR they will exist. But, between recent family events, CAD design for all the bumpers/DIY kits and staying on top of orders.. R&D is taking 4th or 5th seat right now...

J

I hope to get the dash back on this weekend. Stereo unit installed and paint the rear bumper finally...

I may build Goss a new rear bumper. I'm building this one for a customer and REALLY LIKE IT!

Also, the "no staple" glue I used for the door panels..... WELL NEEDS STAPLES.. So, I need to pull the door panels, re-stretch and STAPLE the marine vinyl.

J

P1020792.JPG
P1020808.JPG
P1020813.JPG
P1020816.JPG

Looking good J! Q: Purpose of the center recess? BTW if its pure form then kudos for style points :)

I hope to get the dash back on this weekend. Stereo unit installed and paint the rear bumper finally...

I may build Goss a new rear bumper. I'm building this one for a customer and REALLY LIKE IT!

Also, the "no staple" glue I used for the door panels..... WELL NEEDS STAPLES.. So, I need to pull the door panels, re-stretch and STAPLE the marine vinyl.

J

View attachment 1113227 View attachment 1113228 View attachment 1113229 View attachment 1113230

J, that looks sweet. Funny I'm having to re-visit my door inserts glue let go on them as well. will have to figure it out....can't staple them, too thin.

Looking good J! Q: Purpose of the center recess? BTW if its pure form then kudos for style points :)

He wanted to follow the tailgate indention and I think the old school ARB was in part of that decision as well.

J, that looks sweet. Funny I'm having to re-visit my door inserts glue let go on them as well. will have to figure it out....can't staple them, too thin.

I'm gonna staple with 1/4" and double the vinyl. This is the way I did it previously on Marley and worked great with the stock thickness door cards.

J

Kind of off topic but if anyone would do it it would be you Jason... Has anyone thought about cutting the license plate recess on the exterior tailgate out and welding in a flat sheet, making a completely smooth tailgate exterior? And keeping the factory dip 2" from the bottom?

Kind of off topic but if anyone would do it it would be you Jason... Has anyone thought about cutting the license plate recess on the exterior tailgate out and welding in a flat sheet, making a completely smooth tailgate exterior? And keeping the factory dip 2" from the bottom?
This would help with @wagongear 's tailgate storage solution too.

Matt, I almost flat skinned Goss' tailgate. I wanted to use an old mini-truck tailgate with the stamped T O Y O T A...... I just got tired of looking for a good one to use. Everything was completely rusted out or too much $$

J

J, I really like that bumper that follows the tailgate indention. Looks like it has a little bit of a wing to it to fill the quarter panel recess as well. Is it being built with any swing-outs? That could get complicated, but I know you could fab it.

Nice bumper. I keep dreaming about one, thinking about what I would need/ have to have, etc

J, I really like that bumper that follows the tailgate indention. Looks like it has a little bit of a wing to it to fill the quarter panel recess as well. Is it being built with any swing-outs? That could get complicated, but I know you could fab it.

Nice bumper. I keep dreaming about one, thinking about what I would need/ have to have, etc

Thanks A,

No swing outs on this one. But, a little drop/stop arm with the latch on it and the recess issue goes away. This one is getting a set of Rigid Dually LEDs as well.

J

Awesome looking bumper J and think you need to keep the design for this one, something that looks new school but old school enough to fit the form/fit/function of the LC. It's like remodeling the bathroom in an older house and keeping things close to era specific but updating everything with new tech as well!!

Awesome looking bumper J and think you need to keep the design for this one, something that looks new school but old school enough to fit the form/fit/function of the LC. It's like remodeling the bathroom in an older house and keeping things close to era specific but updating everything with new tech as well!!

i dig the style of that rear bumper, i love the recess.

Well here it is finished out.

J
P1020842.JPG
P1020847.JPG
P1020849.JPG

Love the bumper! Exactly what belongs on the 60! one question though, why recess the dually's instead of using flush mounts? for aiming purposes perhaps? just curious

HA!.. The customer wanted the recessed LEDs (also wanted the amber lens covers.. flush mount doesn't accommodate the lens change) , I prefer the flush mounts. I like the "RIGIDITY" of the flush mounts.

J

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom