Rolling the dice on this fridge 63QQT $270 shipped (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Been deliberating over that dam ice maker now for two years but can't bring myself to it.

we're in Houston so ice is a big deal. there was one for $118 that did nearly 50lb/day so when we go to the lake, it means we don't have to worry about ice of fridge space, and that is a big deal. also parties at the house, etc.

If they had a DC version I'd be all over it for sub $100!

I have to go back and look but mine definitely has the factory warranty and if I remember correctly it's two years. You may want to check the site.

I can't complain, they ended up refunding my money when I called to troubleshoot the fridge the first week. I ended up getting it going after talking to them, so I basically got a free fridge for 1-1/2 years.

I don't remember exactly what, but there was something wrong with a latch -I think- when I got mine, and they were very fast at sending me a new part. Good customer service at the time.

Jalop, if yours is really dead, it would be nice to see dissection pics and the innards... hint hint... But electronics aside, the HVAC bits in fridges are pretty easy to fix. And you may want to keep the compressor anyway, those are handy for DIYers to have around.

my 80qt took a dump. It wont cool on 110v or 12v anymore after my last trip.
open the vent and give the can a couple hard whacks with the end of a hammer handle and see if it'll kick on before you dissect it!

open the vent and give the can a couple hard whacks with the end of a hammer handle and see if it'll kick on before you dissect it!
Got to the point of finding oil from the compressor and that was the end of it.

If it's a small leak, it may be very easy to fix, although you'd have to evacuate and recharge.

should I get one, how has the reliability been on the 80Qt?

Looks like I only had the 80qt about a year. Stripped it out tonight, I have spares for everything except the damn compressor lol.

The 63qt is a brand new unit, bit the bullet and paid full price minus 10%.

Now I'm on the hunt for a 42qt.

yep there is a 63 $324 and a couple 80's too $400/450

my 63L has been running non-stop (on 120V) for 6 months now. Going strong.

added: set to 0F!

Last edited:
just realized my 43 qt edgestar has been running in my office 24/7 for 19 months now with zero issues. I take it out occasionally for some weekend overnighters to keep it happy :redface:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom