Tepui Roof Top Tents and Gear (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fantastic. 8 days camping and all we get is the pavement shot? :)
wife was with us so we made some compromises in order to go but here's some mountain views....steep narrow trails to Bierstadt led to these incredible views where we took rest on a boulder to enjoy the peaceful setting. Also made lunch using the msr windboiler and mountain house beef stew...was fantastic. ...2nd photo was emerald lake still frozen over....
20150612_135858.jpg
PART_1434117348559_20150611_115727.jpg
20150612_135858.jpg
20150612_135858.jpg

We decided to visit Bass Pro in Manteca last Sunday to check out Tepui tents and was very impressed with the workmanship,met Todd from Santa Cruz with his 3rd Gen 4Runner and trailer setup (forgot to take pics) and he told me how great these tents are all year round. I think i will be getting Kukenam ruggedized or Autana before the end of year,i like the thicker fabric on the ruggedized and larger frame. Bass pro will carry Tepui according to Todd and that is great news for most of us here around the bay area,i can't wait till i get my rig ready for an RTT from Tepui. Here are some pics in the store with my crazy kids,my son loves it here although we didn't buy anything we will next time and have a long list to bring.

20150614_155328.jpg

20150614_151823.jpg

20150614_151812.jpg

20150614_155334.jpg

20150614_151749.jpg

Hey everyone who is following this thread, I wanted to put a little information out there that many of you may not be aware of. With the hot summer months ahead many of you are looking at ways to keep your tents cool and comfortable.
The Tepui Weather Hood is a great way to beat the heat. If you've seen these before you are probably aware that they are a good way to help keep your tents warm in the winter. But did you know that the aluminized coating on the weather hood will also reflect heat away from the tent in the summer time? These Weather Hoods can be a great addition to your summer adventure and can help keep you comfortable on that dream camping trip you've spent so much time planning. Check them out on the Tepui website here : http://tepuitents.com/collections/amenities/products/protective-weather-hoods

Is the summer time it's a good idea to still open it up to allow airflow.

Last edited:
I recently picked up an Autana Ruggedized for my trailer. Being that my rack is probably about 67" or so the annex is very saggy, and pools with water during the rain(over Memorial Day). Do you guys have any solutions for the droopy annex on low trailers?

I built a telescoping rack on my trailer that allows me to get the tent up to 6' and use the full height of the annex. I have seen some people who have sewn in some Velcro strips to the inner walls of the annex so they can overlap part of the walls and take up the slack for a tent that's mounted lower.

Low setting on my trailer

telescoping rack at the higher setting to allow full use of annex

The annexes are designed to be used with the tents mounted between 6' - 6'8" ideally since at that height the space is most useable and allows most people to stand upright inside the annex. With them mounted lower, they can still work for sleeping or for gear but also mean you have to stoop inside.

Will have to look into fabbing a way to elevate the rack while parked. Was hoping for the cheap easy fix. Lol

Hey everyone who is following this thread, I wanted to put a little information out there that many of you may not be aware of. With the hot summer months ahead many of you are looking at ways to keep your tents cool and comfortable.
The Tepui Weather Hood is a great way to beat the heat. If you've seen these before you are probably aware that they are a good way to help keep your tents warm in the winter. But did you know that the aluminized coating on the weather hood will also reflect heat away from the tent in the summer time? These Weather Hoods can be a great addition to your summer adventure and can help keep you comfortable on that dream camping trip you've spent so much time planning. Check them out on the Tepui website here : http://tepuitents.com/collections/amenities/products/protective-weather-hoods

Is the summer time it's a good idea to still open it up to allow airflow.

Is possible to have the the rain fly constructed of this material? I think this would keep the tent more accessible, especially the Kukenam model.

Vince

Is possible to have the the rain fly constructed of this material? I think this would keep the tent more accessible, especially the Kukenam model.

Vince
It's not a one-off option to do that, but I can pass along the suggestion and see where it goes.

Has anyone used their RTT in winter conditions that can share some input on how it handled? I'm talking snow, wind, 0 degrees kind of weather. I've got a crazy idea of a RTT with annex and then modify it slightly to put a titanium camping stove inside for winter conditions if needed

I've had some personal experience in those conditions separately but not necessarily all at once. I've camped in below freezing temps with my tent, but it wasn't particularly windy. I've also camped in pretty good winds. On one of the Tepui Adventures to Death Valley they were using the tents is ~100mph winds so they will withstand the wind well. As far as the cold goes, the tents themselves work well. Combine them with one of the Tepui Weather Hoods and it's well insulated and can stay pretty warm (the weather hood will also add another layer of water resistance for rain/snow). Also Tepui has a new product that will be announced soon that will also help with even better insulation and condensation resistance.

This is not my photo but I know of people who are regularly using the tents in snow.

I have used a Little Buddy heater inside my tent annex in the winter time. It's important to be mindful of CO poisoning and be careful about how you use the heater. I use the heater to warm up the tent before going to sleep and again in the morning to warm it back up, but I don't leave it running all night. Otherwise heaters can be a great idea, just make sure you keep them away from the sides of the tent and other items inside that could melt/catch fire.

I dig the green. Wish it would've been in stock when I got mine. Will be headed to the Northern California coast in about 3 weeks and will have to post some pics. Here is one from memorial weekend
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436841706.737754.jpg

Price changes up, or price changes down?

Tepui Tents has mistakenly ordered an extra Baja Rack for an 80 series Land Cruiser that they need to move quickly. This is brand new, still in the box. It's the flat utility rack style seen here: http://www.bajarack.com/lc80-ut
Retail on this is $825. It also includes the RTT mount kit which goes for $55. We'd like to get you a really good deal on this so it's being offered for $750 + shipping. Drop me a PM if you're interested.

LC80-UT(6).jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom