Alerts not working properly? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Indestructible 47

SILVER Star
Threads
For some reason, some threads that I follow do not come up in the alerts tab when there is a new post in that thread. Am I doing something wrong or is there another problem and solution for this?
cheeers

I don't have an answer, since my Alerts appear to be working as expected (as I not only received a Thread alert when this thread started, but also a Post alert for the second reply). What specific thread/section are you seeing an issue with?

thanks, it's not just one but many from different sections. Also if it helps, sometimes Joe Blogs thread will not show up when someone posts but in a few days time when someone posts again it will appear. It's just cut's in and out but is mostly out.

Have you tried un-setting and then re-activating the Watched Threads settings?

I again received an Alert for this thread...I "watch" this entire section for new posts.

I don't mind doing that, however I ideally don't want to go and check all my threads regularly if they're updating correctly...thx

Also, are you Watching the individual thread, or the entire forum section?
Are you using just the internal alert, or the Email option as well?

(and LOOK...AS I'm typing, I was alerted that you replied...)

generally the entire forum with e-mail alert and then specifically threads of interest with e-mail alert

that seems to be the case here...I'm not watching this thread, however since I replied to it I'm receiving your updates...which is good.

Sounds like an email issue to me then. It's likely your email provider is automatically tossing the alerts into the Spam folder. Try setting them to watch without getting email alerts. You might have to "whitelist" ih8mud.com.

Having a hard time chasing down what the issue might be, since ALL users rely on the same settings for Alerts, regardless of usergroup. Yours are identical to mine...but I rarely use the email ones (since my inbox is already overstuffed...)

is there a way to check the method of me following a thread before I reset it? I.e., to know if I'm actually have a followed thread set up to send me e-mail updates before I "unwatch" and the "watch" again?thx

There isn't...nothing in my Admin panel allows me to check those settings.

...which doesn't mean your ISP didn't delete them before they every arrived in your Inbox...and some mail handlers auto-delete Spam as well.

I've had great luck with Gmail. I cannot stand Yahoo or Hotmail. Both have been past problems for me for email and for other users.

Only about half the threads I'm subscribed to show an alert on my alert page.

I reckon the problem is that when I hover my mouse over the alerts tab at the top of the page, it brings down the list of alerts. if you don't view them right away, or in other words look at the latest posts, when someone reply's to the next time, it does not come up in the alerts tab. the way to fix this I to go to watched threads and open up all the highlighted threads, then next time when someone reply's, the thread will come up in the alerts tab. hope this makes sense and fixes a few problems!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom