who makes a good GX front light bar (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am looking to change out from my westin bull bar in favor of a 1-3/4" tube light bar that wraps around and protects the bumper from sage brush, jack rabbits, etc (not that I typically run through the brush but hey).

I saw a picture of one I really liked, so if anyone knows where to get one similar to this picture I have attached, please make some recommendations, I'd really like to find one or have it made. The light bar on the red truck is really nice (for my 2004 gx)

image.jpg

its gonna have to be a custom made part. i dont know of any companies making stuff like that for the GX. maybe southern style speed would be willing. or any decent land cruiser specialty shop could make one -heck any good fab shop could make you something like that. but i dont know of anyone selling one or marketing one as of now.

Thanks, that's what I was afraid of... I can check with local fab shops around my area

GX Defiant Light bar 2.jpg
GX Defiant Light bar 1.jpg

This Light Bar was fabricated by Paul Fox at Defiant Truck Products. Last time I spoke with Paul, he was selling his business or IP and designs to another company to produce. If you are interested I can dig up the contact info. The light bar is a beast. Not a bull bar. I had a Westin bull bar. This bar attaches with a solid plate to the frame. It is essentially an extension of the frame. Some folks have bought these bars so that they would have an tie down in front for carrying kayaks and canoes on top.

I talked to southern style speed about making something for my 100 and they seemed very open. I'm sure they will hook you up if you need a custom..

I do like that roof mount LED light bar too...very nice. I think I found a local shop to build something for me...I just need to stop by and come up with some sketches for them.

If you are getting rid of your front bar, I might be interested. Not sure what shipping would cost.

who's rig is that above? looks like he just straight mounted the light to the rain gutter channels with self tapping hardware im guessing?

Its mounted on an adjustable track that sit down into the rain gutter and attached via nutserts to the structural portion of the roof/door line. It can move forwards and backwards if needed. I have not seen it in person yet but will this evening. I'm flying back home as we speak and will know more when I see it in person. LandCruiser northwest built the brackets and mounting system its the first of its kind that any of us know of not Matt at lcnw and myself have looked all over for something similar but found nothing. Either way I'm sure I will be very pleased

That is badass and just what I've been looking for as well! What size led bar and is it curved? please keep us all posted on if this system will be up for sale, I'm interested!

Hell, I could be down with that too.

That's awesome. How' is the wind noise?

OK to bring this back to the top, wind noise is not bad... That's being said its more of a tinnitus sound that changes pitch as the speed changes... Hits at about 25 and goes to about 45-50, so if your in the city a lot it sucks. The easy cure for this was a set of clear covers, just to change up the air flow over the bar enough to all but eliminate the sound. The other issue I have run into though is the increased air turbulence on the sunroof... If it's open its creates a lot of "thumping" procession sound that's is very annoying. And if I have the back tilted up it will rattle the sliding cover... So my hopeful fix for this will be a weather tech sunroof wind deflector, it should be here on Monday or Tuesday. I'll report back to let you all know if that helps.

So back the front light bar discussion... I recently picked up a set of PIAA LP570 lamps for well below the market value ie less than $200, and want to put them on the front. I'm not wanting to drill into the front bumper, but will do that before I put in a westin style bar. I'm looking for more of a pre-runner style bar that would mount to the frame rails and come out through the bumper grilles and sit about the same level as the top of the vertical part of the bumper...
uploadfromtaptalk1436030587801.JPG

uploadfromtaptalk1436030597824.JPG

uploadfromtaptalk1436030604606.JPG

Something along those lines... Anyone know where to get that? Or again is this something I'm gonna have to make on my own?

here is the light bar that I think I am leaning towards...Part light bar, part brush guard.

I just need to have it made from someone local. I'm planning two round lights mounted up top (I have Hella 500s but really like the ARBs) and my two Rigid D2 driving lights mounted in the lower corners. I have talked to few places, but still have not found who is going to make them for me. Unless one of these already exists for a GX...?

image.jpg

I used to have a Defiant style 4 light bar for the front of my fj when I had a stock bumper. I rear ended someone, and the mounts inside bent and smashed the whole bar into the bumper and destroyed it. Definitely not sturdy enough for protection, but it does solve mounting lights and doesnt hinder ground clearance. Im going full metal bumper when I can.

I used to have a Defiant style 4 light bar for the front of my fj when I had a stock bumper. I rear ended someone, and the mounts inside bent and smashed the whole bar into the bumper and destroyed it. Definitely not sturdy enough for protection, but it does solve mounting lights and doesnt hinder ground clearance. Im going full metal bumper when I can.
This is exactly what I want... I don't want a full bumper on this, and idc if I get hit, insurance will pay for it. I just want something to mount my lights to...

I
This is exactly what I want... I don't want a full bumper on this, and idc if I get hit, insurance will pay for it. I just want something to mount my lights to...

That's a Defiant Truck Parts light bar on my GX. Again if you are interested I can find Paul Fox's contact info and you can track down who is making them now...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom