64 SWB Fixed top has arrived (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I would not do a complete firewall replacement. That one does not look to bad. I know the feeling, my 63 FJ45 had been literally chopped with an ax to access the back of the motor. It was some work but not near as much as doing a whole wall. Just my 02 on having a similar problem.

Must have been the same hack who did my firewall. Will fix when removing all unnecessary holes and other junk.

22796-1371274343-d4387279479c75f14657a51a99479f58.jpg

I do have a donor cab I could use with an untouched firewall. I'd have to convert to removable top though... Or remove cowl only and graft on to my cab....? Finding a top could be tough....
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1412017279.352347.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1412017292.101439.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1412017303.935730.jpg

dont cut into that cab!!! find a late model, 70 and up had the factory booster,much easier to find and graft to your existing firewall unless you want to retain the original single master setup. Look at tornadoallys 45 build thread, he did just what I am talking about. Ps want to sell that cab!!

Im with Whitey on that move taking out that firewall will be some work. To graft the section you want to replace will be much easier but still be some work. With the later booster and clutch slave it will make a better working machine. Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.

If anyone knows of a descent cowl or even a rusted tub with a good cowl.... I'm very interested.... I'm gonna hang on to this cab for now ... If I decide to sell, your first call..

When you got her all cut to pieces let me know. I buy projects :)

I know I'm jumping the gun, but I chose my tire wheel combo already. Using new 17" steelies from the FJC and 33" Goodyear s
Powder coated them grey for the classic look. I've also sourced some. 70 series axles I'm going to bolt up.... I'll mount them this weekend for some pics

image.jpg

Towing it up to my shop so I can put on the 70 series axles I'm gonna rebuild. I've got my donor firewall patch and Offi dual carb setup I might try to get working on it....

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

After a beating myself up, I've decided I need to sell this whole project. I've got twin girls 21 months old and can't seam to find time to ever get to my projects. We've all heard that before I know. I'm gonna sell all three of my cruisers and pick up a Diesel cruiser to haul around in with family.... So this 45 is going up for sale. I've got the front clip taken off and was planning on doing firewall repair next. I do have the replacement firewall section. I've got the rebuilt 70 series axles with spring perches already fixed to fit exactly on the 45, new tires and FJC wheels going with it. I could sell those axles separately, but they're a perfect addition to this project, so why keep that from the next guy. I'm hoping to get $13,000 out of it with those axles included. If someone wants pictures of anything, just PM me. It's located in Oceanside, CA at my shop.
Thanks
Pat

Pming you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom