Welcome to Veterans' Highway! (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

4 years in the Marine Corps (2003-2007)

Semper Fi MACK!!!

Welcome...Sky's he limit on your discussion topics...Have at it!!!!

http://www.wv.ngb.army.mil/CampDawson/Form2.aspx?MP=NQ==&P=NQ==

All,

I just wanted to toss this over the fence for any of you "Highway" alumni who are thinking about a fishing/camping/hunting trip to my neck of the woods. Camp Dawson is in Preston Co WV. Take a look at the link above for more specific info....BLUF = Nice rooms, great price, restaurant/lounge on location. You are within an hour of some of the best trout fishing in this part of WV...Oh, and bring your TLC!!

LR.jpg

25.jpg

iu

Few pics of the Cheat River. This river boarders Camp Dawson and accessible by TLC or hiking.. Some really nice Kayaking as well.

iu

Shaver Fork, Cheat River

iu

iu

iu

I may have been amphibious in another life but, that unfortunate soul was claimed by the "slot" A.K.A. the Cheat River....Come on down and give it a whirl....! We'll dry you out near the fireplace..!

Wow...what a cool thread.

I'm new to the forum. I just purchased my 2000 LX on Saturday. 1 owner, 98k miles and in great working condition. So I'm new to the forum and the world of the 100 series. I'm super excited. Anyway...

I'm Scuddy. I spent 4 years in the Marine Corps (2003-2007) I was with C Btry 1/10 out of Camp Lejeune, NC. Did a few tours to Iraq as a rifle company while attached to Regimental Combat Team 1 (2004-2005) and 3rd Light Armored Recon Battalion (2006). Got out in 2007 as a Sergeant. It was one of the best decisions of my life.

I haven't had a chance to read this whole thread...but I found it fitting that I put my first post here. I love other vets and trading stories about all of the cool things that we have done, so I know I'll really enjoy this community.
Welcome aboard and thanks for your service. This forum is a great place to learn and express your love for Landcruiser nation.

Happy 4th all!

Take a look at this "Independence day quiz"...Apparently, I did not know as much about the amendments to the constitution as I thought..LoL

http://games.toast.net/independence/

Great thread! I've been a MUD member for over a year and just found this...

First, thank you all for your service. Pretty spectacular what some of you have done. If we ever meet, the first round is on me. :beer:

My military time started in 2002 when I left my job at an investment bank in Chicago. Went to OTS and flight school and spent about 7 years flying the mighty B-52. I had the opportunity of accruing about 300 hours of combat time supporting OEF. I left AD in 2010 and am now in the guard. I have spent time in Germany and multiple countries of Africa. Currently in the DC metro area as a liaison, with our 'permanent' home in northern Michigan.

When not working we enjoy spending time camping with the 80 as a family. Last year we did a 7 week trip out west and ran the "Heart of the West" adventure route. Trip consisted of myself, my wife, our 5 year old daughter and 11 year old golden retriever.

Thanks again for all of your service, and have a great, safe holiday weekend!

Cheers!

If I may, I suggest adding 'Dr. Strangelove' to the movie list.

Some pics of our cruiser camping.

On the beach of Lake Superior...not a soul in sight for days.

Camp1.jpg

More of Lake Superior

Camp2.jpg

camp4.jpg

Some two-tracking in the Upper Peninsula

camp7.jpg

One pic from our trip last summer, camping along the Snake River

10526026_10152576777385272_1520249417440947978_n.jpg

7 years flying the mighty B-52.

^^ Incredible platform..Welcome to the thread!!! Sky's the limit on topics (Pun intended)!!

Somehow managed to miss this forum before. Anyway, I will post up more details later, but USN, all over the planet of course. 92-96.
@TexAZ is also a USN vet as I was lucky/unlucky enough to know him since 94!

@Ocho77 - You Must be a Youpper! Welcome to the thread and thanks for your service. I'm from a place just north of the Indiana state line, a wide spot in the road called Dowagiac.

Larry in El Paso, TX - another wide spot in the road.

Last edited:
@Ocho77 @jclarke450 @TexAZ

Welcome to the Veteran's Highway guys!!

... And thank you for your service!!

Love that Golden, Ocho!!f ... And great pictures!!

Post up some pictures of your TLC, jclark and TexAZ and tell us a bit about yourselves.

Thanks!!

@Ocho77 - You Must be a Youpper! Welcome to the thread and thanks for your service. I'm from a place just north of the Indiana state line, a wide spot in the road called Dowagiac.

Larry in El Paso, TX - another wide spot in the road.

Larry,

I wish I was a Yooper :) I grew up in N. Indiana and we now live just east of Ludington...but love camping in the UP. Texas is to hot :)

Love your 40, btw. That's next on my list...

Hello all, not quite a "Vet" yet but I only have 11 year to go until retirement. I figured I'd post up anyways. I'm in the USAF and currently a SSgt (E-5). I've been to 5 of 7 continents so far; Africa and S. America just seem to elude me at every chance. I picked up a 91' PZJ77 while in Okinawa and will love it till she is dead.

Beach day:
image.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom