Fish and Seafood (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I think the best oysters come from Willapa Bay on the Washington Coast and Hoods Canal off of Puget Sound. Those are my go to favorites and when I say go to I mean "go there". Now I gotta plan a road trip.

seafood paella--a mixture of fish and shell fish in rice. The ultimate one pot dinner. Good smoked paprika is a key flavor ingredient.
seafood paella.jpg

We used to make this spicy seafood linguine with fresh pasta, etc. But then my wife went glutten free and the GF noodles just aren't the same...

spicy seafood linguine.jpg

seafood paella--a mixture of fish and shell fish in rice. The ultimate one pot dinner. Good smoked paprika is a key flavor ingredient.
View attachment 1040601

We used to make this spicy seafood linguine with fresh pasta, etc. But then my wife went glutten free and the GF noodles just aren't the same...

View attachment 1040604
I hate you. Paella pics always make me sad because they remind me that the reason I don't ever make it is because I have no friends and don't want to eat the entire thing myself...which I have done more than once. :flipoff2:

I hate you. Paella pics always make me sad because they remind me that the reason I don't ever make it is because I have no friends and don't want to eat the entire thing myself...which I have done more than once. :flipoff2:
we usually invite folks over...which means no left overs. That's the part I hate.

Just watched a food program, Triple D, and they were talking bout smoked octopus. Then mixing it in with a special sauce calling it poke.
My youngest said, "Dad where can we find fresh octopus?" I was blown away, as he is my pickiest eater. Now the wheels are turning. Anybody smoke octopus, or have anything to add. I don't what to do jerky, but I am intrigued.

Just watched a food program, Triple D, and they were talking bout smoked octopus. Then mixing it in with a special sauce calling it poke.
My youngest said, "Dad where can we find fresh octopus?" I was blown away, as he is my pickiest eater. Now the wheels are turning. Anybody smoke octopus, or have anything to add. I don't what to do jerky, but I am intrigued.

J,

We love octopus. Smoking would be a great way to cook it. Octopus needs to be cooked slow or it becomes rubbery and damn near inedible. Cook it in chicken or fish stock for about 10-12 minutes per pound. Make sure the stock doesn't boil, a bare simmer if you will.

We tried the Italian trick of cooking it in red wine and throwing the cork in with it... MUMBO-JUMBO... It was mediocre at best. Broth simmering is still by far the best I have encountered.

Serve or recommend that your guests cut into thin pieces for eating. The smaller the bite, the more attractive to the palate IMO.. I like mine with a light lemon, basil olive oil drizzle and my wife prefers a sweet/spicy sauce like a plum pepper reduction.

J

^^nice. I thought about lobster at dinner tonight, then the waiter said $99 for a 16oz bug. $129 for 24oz. :mad:

We flew those in for Andrea's B-day and paid $157.00 for the 4- 2.5# lobsters, 2qt of steamers and 2qt of little neck clams. Very tasty and we have leftover meat for about 6 lobster rolls and we'll use the clams in a paella along with shrimp, scallops, halibut and mahi.. Not bad for a 3-4 meals for 2 people.

J

Looks fantastic. I don't grill my shrimp anymore, season and sauté for us now. Due to liquid inspiration I have roached too many shrimp on my grill.

Looks fantastic. I don't grill my shrimp anymore, season and sauté for us now. Due to liquid inspiration I have roached too many shrimp on my grill.
I gave up on the grill for anything smaller than the jumbo's when done individually. I'll grill the smaller ones by putting them tightly onto a flat skewer or 2 round skewers side by side. Saves a lot of time over turning them all individually and buys you a little more time to cook through, plus they can't fall through the grate.

sous vide shrimp. one of the best applications IMHO for sous vide.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom