Events/Trails "Official 200's in Ouray Event: Labor Day Weekend 2015" (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

James, looks like we will head out of Atlanta on Wed and meet up with you for the Thursday drive. Sounds like that is your original plan so hope that works well for you.

Can't wait!

Sounds great. Want to stay at our place or something en route? We can PM as the time nears :)

I'm winched up....12,000lbs
And would be happy to use it to help someone up.
Same here. Won't need a winch though on any trail other than maybe Poughkeepsie at the wall.

Figure 12 trucks. We can switch trails around but probably better if we split up the group and rotate so we all get a chance to ride together.

Also who has winches?

Saturday
1. Alpine Loop x6
2. Blackbear x6

Sunday
3. Imogene x6
4 Gulches x6

Other options:
Poughkeepsie

Not final just getting things down.

If just 12 it would be a shame not to all ride together. Half the fun is seeing 12- 200 series caravans get up the mountain. I know at jamboree they tried to limit the trails to 10-12 vehicles and it worked fine.

Also, CBs are useful and fun if you don't have one I suggest Right Channel Radios or if there is a mud sponsor. There are some great magnet mount all in one combos that are paired to work well if you don't want a permanent install.

After coming down Black Bear in Telluride- Brown Dog Pizza. Voted best pizza on the planet in the world championships. Seriously I doubted it until I tried it. Detroit style pizza. Look it up.

I'm winched up. Will also have a CB. If we can swing 12 in a group, that would be pretty cool to see, especially from the drone camera if that's still a possibility?

Sounds great. Want to stay at our place or something en route? We can PM as the time nears :)

If you don't mind, we'd definitely like to stay!

I'm open for whatever just trying to get some plans in place. Also if some people don't want to do black bear then we'll need to split at least one day.

For those not wanting to run Black Bear, the Ophir - Imogene loop is a nice alternative

Figure 12 trucks. We can switch trails around but probably better if we split up the group and rotate so we all get a chance to ride together.

Also who has winches?

Saturday
1. Alpine Loop x6
2. Blackbear x6

Sunday
3. Imogene x6
4 Gulches x6

Other options:
Poughkeepsie

Not final just getting things down.

I'm winched, have recovery straps, snatch block, etc.

I personally love the idea of 6 trucks per trail. Back in the day when I used to wheel with the FJ crowd, more than 6 trucks invariably led to an hour to cover 1 mile. way more time parked than moving. Not that we are going to be in any kind of hurry, but it is nice to keep things moving along for the most part.

Poughkeepsie sounds like a fun trail from what I've read--and a bit more technical--I'm very much interested in running that.

All I can say is I am easy and will have a blast with whatever we decide to do! :beer:

Same here. Won't need a winch though on any trail other than maybe Poughkeepsie at the wall.

Winch here as well, 15k.

Would love to get my 200 to CO. Labor Day weekends are tough. Perhaps a different date could be possible for next year. Can't wait to see Picts from those of you who will be going this year.

Wot he said! If there aren't a gazzilion pics and YT clips there's going to be trouble. You guys have a great opportunity to get some great images in the can. Not often you would get a 1/2 dozen modded 200s together in one place on the trail up there doing as God intended I'll bet. Wish I was there to join you.

BTW: Going to grab an RV in Vegas and sneak up to Moab and Colorado for a bopeep in early November. Any issue with snow on roads then?

Just make sure the s***ter isn't full and you'll be ok

Any updates on the camping crew? We're thinking we need to get some reservations in and fast. Thinking about:

Ridgeway campground and bringing the hounds
Twin Peaks and a pet friendly room
Twin Peaks and leave the hounds behind =(

Wot he said! If there aren't a gazzilion pics and YT clips there's going to be trouble. You guys have a great opportunity to get some great images in the can. Not often you would get a 1/2 dozen modded 200s together in one place on the trail up there doing as God intended I'll bet. Wish I was there to join you.

BTW: Going to grab an RV in Vegas and sneak up to Moab and Colorado for a bopeep in early November. Any issue with snow on roads then?

Yes, all of us back home will be relying on @kreiten to get the money shots so we can live vicariously through the rest of the people that are going.

Y'all get everything figured out this year, so when I come next year things run even more smoothly.

Yesterday I was tasked to leave for a mid term international assignment. I'll try hard to get back for this. @steenh I believe @DawnC will go whether I'm back in country or not so should be normal for you either way :)

Based on the current weather I will be worried about September. It snowed today. Pics up on the FJ summit Facebook from the county Facebook page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom