Brake question??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Walkerm916

Too many hobbies
Threads
Ok so I have a big question regarding the front breaks on my FJ55 it's a 1972 pig and I want to convert to disc brakes on the front.

My main question is am I able to use the the calipers and rotors from the early 2000-2006 Tundra on my pig to convert them. The hub is the same offset and both are 6 lug. I am trying to figure out if I am able to get this conversion done on the cruiser? And if so what would I need to do this conversion I would like to use the rotors and calipers from a tundra but still use my original axle is this possible?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cool question! The Tundra knuckles, w/ their caliper mount, would need to fit the ball portion of your housing. I have not heard of anyone doing this. You might get a broader audience in the 40/55 section for this question...

Thanks for the reply I am just trying to use parts that I currently have in order to keep costs down plus I am trying to stick to all Toyota parts where I can since I already have an extra set of tundra calipers and rotors I figured I would ask to see if anyone was able to give me additional information.

Yea like pablo, not sure on the tundra ones. I know you can make the 92-95ish setups work from the 4runners. Jmack had a thread about something similar. As far as the caliper/rotors go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom