1966 resto (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks! As the old expression goes, "It works for me". I wanted it to be accessible as well as attractive (or at least as attractive as a shutoff valve can be) and wanted it secured without fabbing a bracket, drilling, etc. I believe it was about $13-$14 so not terribly expensive.

nice resto!

Anyone have a ready reference( Mfg, part #, etc) to near stock shock absorbers for the 66? I suspect street use only.
I came across a reference to Monroe 31000 for the rear but can't remember the source. Any suggestions for front and rear?

31000 is correct monroe number for rears, fronts are 32207

Thanks Nuclearlemon-without your help I would have had half a picnic!

I was informed that toyota discontinued the rear but the fronts are available. Rather than risk a mismatched pair, I went with the Monroes and thanks to Nuclearlemon, I got the right numbers:
Rear Monroe 31000
Front Monroe 32207
I think the shocks look good as a near stock replacement.

Anyone have any leads for repop "T"/"acorn" early style hubcaps=preferably a Mudder?

Mud member Majojo4 was selling some repro sets but he's out. I asked him if he was planning on making some more sets today so I'll let you know what I find out.

thanks BretwithoneT! The prices at SOR and on Ebay are hurting my feelings:)
How's your resto coming??

Got the engine pulled and trying to find a place to store the tub so I can get the frame powder coated. Should be taking it to the PC shop within a couple of weeks. Plan to start a build thread when it get back.

Your build has been really motivating, great work!

Congratulations on doing it right! In hindsight, I wish that I had taken the tub off as I was down to steering column removal and body mounts. I began without a clear direction and followed the path of the "dominoes"( do one thing and see 3 more that "need doing"):worms:.I have limited mechanical skills or knowledge. My goal initially was to stop the leaks and make it look nicer. Believe it or not, I am already scouting my next project with a notion for a frame off full resto. I will be watching your build thread closely.
I will post up pics this weekend as I am getting closer to finishing Phase 1.Right now my plans are to run it without the top.Phase 2 over the winter will be the top and doors. I had the doors painted at the same time and so my work there will be reassembly. The top will need some work. I should have removed the cap and had the side panels,etc painted at the same time:bang:
I am thinking my next thread may be "100 Noob Resto Mistakes"( I've made many more but for the sake of pride, I'll limit it to 100)

Done with the heater( at least till I get an elbow for the passenger side). Found what I think is a close near stock defrost tube and at 6 bucks can't beat the price
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1436648797.160289.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1436648815.331918.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1436648835.575136.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1436648848.520092.jpg

you guys and your restos are really making me feel like crap for now going balls out on annie...i would love for her to look that sexy!!!

SOR finally has coral seat covers if you're interested.
Thanks for the info! I'm afraid SOR is a little late for this resto. My initial preference was to be more purist and go with year model correct color. Because i have a 79 2F, my practical reality was that I can't do a stock resto. I decided upon a Dune Beige body color and cut white running board mats. When installed next to the body color, the white was too stark and thus I went with the charcoal. I hope it compliments the gray upholstery.
I'll confess that (even though I haven't finished this one) I'm eyeing a candidate for my next project and I may get the chance to try the SOR. Anybody know a cure for this disease????????????

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom