Prop Valve 2 front ports .. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Tapage

Club 4X4 Panamá
Threads
Website
www.4x4panama.com
I have this Prop valve installed in Tencha ..

http://www.wilwood.com/MasterCylinders/MasterCylinderProd.aspx?itemno=260-11179

260-11179-lg.jpg

it have 2 front brake ports .. manual said, you can block one front port and use single line and T to feed both front calipers as well as rears ..

But I wonder if it's there advantage to use one port to each caliper on front ?

all comments will be appreciated ..

David

Not sure what your working on but, most older LC use a single line to the front axle then split it to each side. I would use a single line off the prop valve.

the advantage of the dual port is the ability to flow more fluid. With 6 piston front calipers, if you were to run through one port you would not have enough fluid flowing through the line to get good brake pressure.

So the question is back to you, what are you using for front calipers? Wilwood, in one of their library pages, has a brake-line-size calculator that takes into account the piston area and then tells you what size line to use...

I'm using SW13 calippers ( 4R V6 ) so not a big upgrade .. even tho I just hang up with the guys at wilwood and they said, to me should be the same one line or 2 .. so I will probably stick with one port ..

I would like to have a custom line from - 3AN to M10 x 1 and go steelbraided from prop valve to the calipers ..

the issue with steel braided lines is they degrade over time and allow air into the system through micro holes (holes too small for fluid to escape but large enough for air to enter). In addition they are more sensitive to heat. Solid is more of a pain to install, but it's as close to permanent as you can get - anything with rubber in brake lines has a life expectancy of 10 years.

So it will be wise to keep as much as solid line as I can and only flexible from that to the caliper ..

Then I thought I can go from frame to caliper directly with a flexible line and from prop valve to the frame with hard line .. the trick part would be going -3 AN on the prop valve on solid line to Toyota on the other end .. I believe M 10 X 1.0

Just figure out where you want to mount it and make up some hard brake lines (or cut your existing lines to make room). There is no reason to go to -3an when Toyota parts are so easily accessible in your neck of the woods. You can also use 3/16" brake lines with metric fittings on one end and English fittings on the other (if that proportioning valve's inverted flare ports are English).

Teflon lined steel braided lines can last for a very long time. On a land Cruiser, brake fluid heat is a non issue.

If It's already installed, then keep it there and go wheeling. there is no reason to use the second port on your 60.

after some though I'm gonna keep it one port and the other blocked.

I read around that it's a bad idea use aluminium in our brake system ?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-AN-Male-F...306-/330376428226?hash=item4cebf83ac2&vxp=mtr

I was about to buy this plug for the empty not used port on my prop valve ..

BTW Mace you might be able to help me on this question .. which it's the total length ( factory ) of the 60 series brake lines from frame to housing ?

MAF have a kit with 4 lines about 100 bucks that's 4" over stock .. just I don't know which it's the stock length to know if they will work on me ( SO Tencha )

You sure those are not inverted flares??? The nuts on the pic suggest they are.

Your master is Aluminum. It'll be fine to use an Aluminum plug.

I don't remember the stock length, but JT has these stainless braided ones for $23 http://www.jtoutfitters.com/extende...oyota-land-cruiser-fj40-fj55-lift-p-4194.html

Also, IIRC some cressida or corrola brake lines were longer and a direct replacement. I'm sure there is a link in the 40 series section FAQ.

-3 inverted flare. That link is for non inverted flare

Thanks Mace .. call MAF and for reference they frame to housing steel braided lines are

Front 15 - 3/4"
Rear 19 - 1/4"

JT's are 23" long. That should help with flex..

JT's are 23" long. That should help with flex..

and I guess are the same for 60 series than 40 series right .. ?

Mostly, only the older 40 series brake lines are 9mm instead of 10mm

So as a ballpark it's 69 and newer stuff IIRC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom