Aussie fj55 lover hi new to the forum (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Bit of an update. The wiper arm had a lock nut on it and had worked it self loose I had to wind it back out and that stopped the rave going on in the cab still the blade doesn't connect with part of the windscreen on the passenger side I think I have a flat spot on the screen it was tight when it went in. Bought a set of jack stands and some flare spanners and tightened my brake lines on the passenger side that stopped the leak there its still weeping a little around the resivours but I haven't worked out how to fix them yet. My wife helped me pull the door skins and fish oil the cruiser my god that is a stinky job don't know why she volunteered for that but at least we and the dogs of course all stunk. Also finally started doing some work around the house now all our funds aren't getting funnelled into the cruiser. I took the old gutters off the back of the house and painted the fascias getting new guttering when I get home next block.

Fish oil is the main ingredient in WD-40.

Quick question my clutch pedal engages very close to the floor and the fluid in the resivour is very black this only started yesterday and then I checked fluid. I replaced slave cylinder about six months ago and the clutch is more than likely pretty worn. Any ideas what it may be? Why the oil is black? And how I might fix it?

the fluid will most likely be black if it has gotten water in it. Brake fluid attracts moisture and when moisture gets in there it'll cause corrosion. So what you're seeing is the rust floating around in the brake fluid. Flush the system and then see how the clutch reacts after that

Got my clutch sorted three times I bled it would be ok for a day or so and then no clutch again took it to a shop and the seals had gone in the master cylinder. Last week it wouldn't start it ended up being the glow plug timer relay the guy who put it in for me wired it up wrong and the power was running through it the whole time so the auto electrician replaced it and rewired it hopefully I won't have any problems now for a while.

Took my grill and side vents and light surrounds off the other day to get re-powder coated it was chrome , this time silver with a clear. Had an old set I put on while it was done. I'm liking the black
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1443168656.106628.jpg
origanal
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1443168713.123733.jpg
faded
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1443168778.185190.jpg
old black one
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1443168878.952277.jpg
freshly powder coated ready to go back on

The wife has started a market stall selling hand made soaps she is using the awning off the side of the cruiser. I followed in her car it was a different experience seeing it driving down the road as I'm usually driving it, she didn't want to hand back the keys. She reckons the cruiser will attract the hubbys and the wife's will buy the soap.
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1444077803.445069.jpg

I wish I had to wrestle the keys from my wife. In 3 years the only time she has been in my pig was when she cranked it over while I hit the solenoid with a hammer.

My drivers window was starting to rattle when rolled down and I had a couple of hours spare the other day so I thought I would have a look. I thought a bolt may have been loose this is what I found
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1444813357.931575.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1444813381.298090.jpg

I had a tube of stuff called knead it that I tried to fix it with but it didn't work I might have to see if my mate can weld it for me.
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1444813589.364784.jpg

Redid the window I took the bracket out and put a couple of grooves with the grinder so the knead it would have something to stick to this time and clamped it for a couple of hours. Also gave the coolant system a flush and new coolant found the radiator cap was rusty and turning coolant brown swapped that over all green!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom