New F & 2F carbs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I need to purchase a carb for a 1976 fj40.2f engine. Currently it has a Pinto carb and no air cleaner. I PM'd you some pics.

Sorry. Premature post. At any rate, the linkage has been replaced with a cable and the choke is currently not hooked up. It appears to have a fuel pump. I have obtained a stock air cleaner and I can send more pics if needed. Would like to get one ASAP if you have them in stock.

Thank You!

Adam

Please put me in line. Do you know which carb would work best for the stuff I've described? Also, do you have a time frame?

Thanks

Adam

Marshall,
Dumb question - is there a how-to write up somewhere on basic set-up and adjustments of the carb? And, what's the wire with connector for? Carb fuel solenoid to hook up to the fuel cut-off in the wiring harness?
Thanks!

I see you have a big BBQ tomorrow. Hope you don't need to stay up over night like I do for my kids yearly BBQ smoking meats. When you get a chance did you see my PM on the order I placed? Thanks.

Can someone post pics of their carb with throttle cable attachments? I need to see where the cable attaches to the bracket and to the throttle.

Thanks

Adam

I'm back in stock.
hi marshall,

can you do me a carb to replace this in my 1979 fj55??

I would need it shipped to the uk ( postcode nn2 8pr)

regards

rob

IMAG0521.jpg

IMAG0522.jpg

IMAG0523.jpg

IMAG0512.jpg

No sorry. I've been having some health issues and had planned on shipping it Monday. WIll work on getting it out today. I'm sorry about that.

Marshall,
I have a 77 fj40 that I would like to replace the carb and dizzy setup. How can I get in touch with you to discuss what I have and what I may need? We are almost neighbors, I am in Greenwood,SC. Thanks.

ernest

Marshall... I sent you an email today concerning my carb. Hope to hear back from you soon or let me know best time to call.
Thanks,
Michael

hi marshall,

thanks for the carb.... absolutely awesome difference.. my cruiser drives like new, don't feel like i'm nursing it along any more.

rob

Finally installed the carb I bought last year. This is a 1987 de-smogged FJ60. I am now running both the TH carb and distributor. I did move the idle up from the OEM carb to the TH. Now I only have 3 vacuum hoses. The truck started right up after install, just had to adjust the idle speed and AC idle up speed. Too warm today to choke it, wouldn't run full choke. Also, the truck has changed her startup characteristics and I am figuring out what she likes. Just need to fine tune a bit more, but I'd take a trip tomorrow with confidence. The truck is running very well now. I filled it up and zeroed the trip-o so we will see what kind of MPG I get now.

The only issue I had was my fault: I took out the jet cover bolts to see if indeed, the spare hi-alt jets were screwed into them (they were - very cool). WHen I put them back in I just barely started to strip the left one. Went a lil' too tight into that soft aluminum, doh. It does not leak so, I am on the road again. :cool:
thcarb1_zpsxebdbnc6.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom