"Cruiser Gold Rush" 2015: Back To Gold Lake For a Second Year! :NorCal: (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@jcardona1 yeah that would be me,unless there are 4 other guys that would like to order i will get one but no big deal if i don't have one.

@Fast Eddy i did tell him and he knows,his son Austin drives the white 4Runner just in case it needs to be towed. he built his own custom bumpers
and got a nice lift,i think he will be fine.

Count me in would love to get some video... Was up there last week and camped right across from the day use (it's free and primitive but has a cool water hole and it's right across the street from gold lake) had a great time such a cool place the 4x4 camping area was packed though... A pic of the start

This will be my first post ever!!! It's FJC Mike, and count me for this trip!
Welcome Mike. Where are you in the Bay Area?

Hey Daryl and Kyle, Tom here, you know, the guy with the friend with the Lopez stories? Anyway, hate to be a Danny Downer but Fire Restrictions were just issued.
Gold Lake is in Plumas National Forest (PNF) within the Beckwourth Ranger District and PNF just issued Fire Restrictions:
"No open fires, campfires or charcoal fires will be allowed outside of designated areas (see attached list) even with a valid California Campfire Permit.
Note: campfires must be built within agency installed & approved fire pits."
http://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/plumas/news-events/?cid=stelprd3841907

My experience has been that the 4x4 Gold Lake Campground is NOT included in the approved designated areas. Last year in August during the same Fire Restrictions we ran a propane fire ring for the family. Costco has them for $90 and runs on the 5 gal propane bottles. Not sure if these fall under the restrictions or not but with a valid CA Campfire Permit in hand, I'll debate the point.

Also last August we were camping lake side in the 4x4 campground around the intersection of main camp road and the road up to little Gold Lake and we had three rigs in one spot. The ranger got all up in our grills about having too many rigs and people in one camping spot. They explained that due to the drought and lack of snowfall, the pit toilets were unable to "process" the contents so they were cracking down on the number of people per site. We showed them our PETT toilet/WAG bag system so it kinda took that arrow out of their quiver but we still received a warning to move a rig and people. We ended up annexing another site but they didn't hassle us after that. So if you have the WAG bags, bring 'em 'cause those pits are going to be nasty. There are trash bins in the main camp by the boat launch.

The fire restrictions last year only held up for one night. :) I'll bring my campfire in a can anyway. I think that little contraption is going to be popular this season. Last November in Pinnacles NP we couldn't have a fire even in a major campground with "agency installed and approved fire pits." PRK is going to be crazy this season.

Hey Daryl and Kyle, Tom here, you know, the guy with the friend with the Lopez stories? Anyway, hate to be a Danny Downer but Fire Restrictions were just issued.
Gold Lake is in Plumas National Forest (PNF) within the Beckwourth Ranger District and PNF just issued Fire Restrictions:
"No open fires, campfires or charcoal fires will be allowed outside of designated areas (see attached list) even with a valid California Campfire Permit.
Note: campfires must be built within agency installed & approved fire pits."
http://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/plumas/news-events/?cid=stelprd3841907

My experience has been that the 4x4 Gold Lake Campground is NOT included in the approved designated areas. Last year in August during the same Fire Restrictions we ran a propane fire ring for the family. Costco has them for $90 and runs on the 5 gal propane bottles. Not sure if these fall under the restrictions or not but with a valid CA Campfire Permit in hand, I'll debate the point.

Also last August we were camping lake side in the 4x4 campground around the intersection of main camp road and the road up to little Gold Lake and we had three rigs in one spot. The ranger got all up in our grills about having too many rigs and people in one camping spot. They explained that due to the drought and lack of snowfall, the pit toilets were unable to "process" the contents so they were cracking down on the number of people per site. We showed them our PETT toilet/WAG bag system so it kinda took that arrow out of their quiver but we still received a warning to move a rig and people. We ended up annexing another site but they didn't hassle us after that. So if you have the WAG bags, bring 'em 'cause those pits are going to be nasty. There are trash bins in the main camp by the boat launch.
Burn restrictions were in effect last year too, with no fires allowed at the 4x4 campground. Those propane fire rings are cool and I hope someone brings one, last year a few of the camps along the lake lit fires despite the ban... I don't want my favorite camping area burned down!! Haha

Interesting to hear that you got barked at for having too many trucks in one site.. We had a lot more than three at little Gold Lake last year and the sheriff that asked us to stop shooting near camp didn't bother us about it.

Received my shirt! Its awesome!

One complaint though... The logo was printed on the back by mistake. LOL.

What can I do to get one on the front? just call / email Teespring?

Let me know,

Thanks,

- Michael

Update:

Got off the phone with Teespring, they verified that the logo is supposed to be on the front. I'm also not the only one this happened to. Here's what the shirts I received look like:

Hopefully they send new ones out!

Last edited:

Let me know,

Thanks,

- Michael

Update:

Got off the phone with Teespring, they verified that the logo is supposed to be on the front. I'm also not the only one this happened to. Here's what the shirts I received look like:

What the hell...what did they say when you called? Are they going to replace them?

f***, I cant make the trip I have to work...Only way I'm doing anything is showing up Sat night then leave Sunday. :crybaby:

What the hell...what did they say when you called? Are they going to replace them?

"we're sorry for this inconvenience, you're correct the logo is supposed to be on the front, not the back. If you could send over proof that the logo is wrongly imprinted, that would be great. Also, if you could track down anyone that received this shirt with the logo printed wrong, that'd be awesome. Once we verify that this is incorrect, we'll send out new shirts." - just typical protocol wording, which was expected!

I haven't even received my sweatshirt yet, so hopefully that isn't messed up either. What's weird is, my brother received 2 shirts with the logo on the front. So... who knows what happened over there.

Anyone else have this issue besides 93yotaSR5 and myself?

"we're sorry for this inconvenience, you're correct the logo is supposed to be on the front, not the back. If you could send over proof that the logo is wrongly imprinted, that would be great. Also, if you could track down anyone that received this shirt with the logo printed wrong, that'd be awesome. Once we verify that this is incorrect, we'll send out new shirts." - just typical protocol wording, which was expected!

I haven't even received my sweatshirt yet, so hopefully that isn't messed up either. What's weird is, my brother received 2 shirts with the logo on the front. So... who knows what happened over there.

Heh, weird. I still haven't gotten my hoodie either. Just sent them an email with your photos attached, I'll let you know as soon as I hear back.

Have t received my "second batch" shirt yet. Got an email saying its on the way... I'll let everyone know if mine is "backwards" also.

f***, I cant make the trip I have to work...Only way I'm doing anything is showing up Sat night then leave Sunday. :crybaby:

Dude! Nooooooo! You should still come out anyways brotha!!!

Thanks for doing the footwork on this man! My Gf is the one who noticed it yesterday when we got our shirts.

Dude! Nooooooo! You should still come out anyways brotha!!!

Thanks for doing the footwork on this man! My Gf is the one who noticed it yesterday when we got our shirts.

No problem dude! I'll keep you posted on what they say! I wore it to work this morning and i was like da fuq when i saw the logo on the back! Lol

The way I figure it, the "Bay Area" ends right about at the windmills.

If anyone has a Lg and/or a Med with the logo on the back, and they get a replacement, I'd be interested. I missed the order window.

Last edited:
Holy chit they even printed it backwards and put it in the back of the shirts.LMAO
In what bathroom did you take that picture @MaK92 4RnR

Let me know,

Thanks,

- Michael

Update:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom