1980 Barn Find (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I found this 1980 long bed a couple of years ago and finally convinced the guy to let it go. It had been sitting for at least 8 years. I dropped the tank and pulled the fuel line. There was about 8 gallons of nasty, old fuel in the tank and the lines were completely clogged. I got those all cleaned up, had the carb rebuilt and replaced the fuel pump. She fired right up after a few cranks. I put some new rubber on, 315/75/16 and pulled it out of its spot. I got it home and have been cleaning it up, and doing some PM on it.
Truck has factory A/C, and a Tach which I guess is pretty rare. Everything works on it which is amazing after 8 + years of sitting. This will be a good project for me and my kids who will be nearing driving age in a few years.
Pics to follow

T's phone 092.JPG T's phone 094.JPG El mule 002.JPG El mule 007.JPG El mule 006.JPG

Pappy, I am in Albuquerque

SWEET. :jealous:

Cool rig. IMO, you must NEVER remove that Tamiya sticker.

Sweet find and glad it's not going to rot away. Starting to wish I had a long box for a new business venture soon.

Nice. I love these trucks. Looks like a good find. How's the interior?

mtrdud, the interior is decent. It will need a headliner and some other work. I already put a dash cap on it, the original seat was covered with towels so it is fine. This thing is definitely a going to be a project, but is has everything there and the rust is very minimal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom