Monstaliner Bedliner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Still need to touch up the spots where I over rolled on glass etc and repaint black trim. Lines came out very clean for masking tape and roll application. Brushed the antenna and didn't notice, not sure if it will still be functional. Didn't tape off the windshield sprayers took some effort to clean them out.

IMG_20150530_095100.jpg

IMG_20150530_095533.jpg

IMG_20150530_095240.jpg

How much Monstaliner should i purchase to do the entire exterior of my 1988 Chevy G20 Van?
Thx

How much Monstaliner should i purchase to do the entire exterior of my 1988 Chevy G20 Van?
Thx
That's a lot of surface area. Without the roof a 2gal kit will swing it, with the roof you prolly need 3. The challenge is they don't sell 1/2 gal so I would mix 1 gal and do everything but the roof. Wait 2 hours mix second gallon and do roof first then second coat on body. It probably won't finish the entire body. Mix third gallon and finish body second coat then finish roof second coat. Use left over for touch up.

Update. We just shot a bed of a truck (shutz gun) and had great results. Did it inside shop, no sunlight, with A/C cranked to get humidity down. Did three coats, making just enough for each coat, with full cleanout of gun after each batch. Added the 4oz of MEK to each batch (per gallon) so we did about 1.5, that thinned it down some.

Really happy with the texture of this one.

Such a great color. Love it!

Finished. Used black plastidip on the wheels and trim, and to repair t the trim pieces around the window. The plastidip was retarded difficult to get off the glass which was a total surprise to me. Big weakness of the monstaliner was found when I took it to the shop for bumper fabrication. The textured finish trapped a ton of metal dust and general shop grime. After a rain storm it looked like a total rust bucket from all the metal dust rusting in the dimples in the texture. I had to wash it at the diy car wash then acetone wash the exterior with a coarse terry cloth towel to get all the shop grime out of it. On the plus side it looks brand new again.

Total including parts (2" ome lift, new uca, steel bumpers and sliders, paint and supplies) was $4100 with some parts still for sale and a fair amount of 'trade' for work only possible in Colorado.

IMG_20150625_102802.jpg

IMG_20150625_102823.jpg

IMG_20150625_102750.jpg

IMG_20150625_102834.jpg

@warpdriv you may have sold me on Freedom Fried. Anyone with PS skills to apply that color to my current mess of a truck? A-pillars back is black Monstaliner.

Btw if this pic is unusable I just wanna see any 80 series in freedom fried.
image.jpg

Let me know if you go for the 80 series with monstaliner. I'll sell you a 2 gal kit on the cheap, you'll just need tint and rollers.

Let me know if you go for the 80 series with monstaliner. I'll sell you a 2 gal kit on the cheap, you'll just need tint and rollers.
Not to get off track, but PM sent.

Would love to see an 80 in FF before I pull the trigger on tint.

I thought I'd share my Troopy project results from this weekend. Saturday was plenty of sanding followed by two coats of Chassis Saver Silver Aluminum. Sunday I rolled coats of Monstaliner in tinted Desert Sand color. My troopy is 464 beige for reference. Very happy with the transformation!

IMG_2803.JPG

IMG_2809.JPG

IMG_2813.JPG

IMG_2817.JPG

IMG_2820.JPG

Last edited:
Looks very nice! In the near future I am planing on doing the 40, inside and underneath. Is it best to use a brush to get into the tight spots and then roll around it or just spray it?

Well, here it is. I didn't remove the front valance would've had to remove the bumper and I'm not going to do that till I do the top half this fall. I was paranoid 1 gal. wouldn't be enough for this so I think I inadvertently put the first coat on too thin. I could still see some places where the green was spotting thru after the first coat. I did the second coat extrathick but still had about 1/4 of the 1 gallon mix left over. Anyways, here's a pic.

Did you end up using the aluminum tape method to cover the holes?

Yes I did and it's obvious. Wish I would've done a less obvious way.

Yes I did and it's obvious. Wish I would've done a less obvious way.

Damn, that would have made my decision to take off my LX cladding much easier. I have no idea how to weld.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom