The Vegtable Garden Thread (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My Garlic will still be strong well into late summer, most years it doesn't die back until frost.
But consider this, your garden and Surfpigs are way further along than mine right now. All in all I'm a month or two behind you guys.

@ BrotherRob did you ever figure out what was going on with that tomato plant?

My Garlic will still be strong well into late summer, most years it doesn't die back until frost.
But consider this, your garden and Surfpigs are way further along than mine right now. All in all I'm a month or two behind you guys.

My garlic and onions went in last September. Garlic is mostly mature, onions have another month or so. Most everything else is winding down for the summer. Herbs and a few other things will thrive in the heat.

@ BrotherRob did you ever figure out what was going on with that tomato plant?

No, it's not looking good. It's not getting as much light as I'd prefer but the usually isn't a biggie. I've grown this variety before and it's always been plug them in and get out of the way. All the plants around it have similar needs and they're all thriving.

Looking pretty good:
image.jpg

First of the monsters. Note to self, always buy seed garlic with giant cloves.
1432600577551959107538.jpg

On Amazon, you can get BT in liquid form. Put it in a spray bottle and go on a mini safari hunting the sum ina batches.

They only come out at night.
I think I'll throw down some diamtasus earth.
Kind of hate to do that because it indiscriminate.

They only come out at night.
I think I'll throw down some diamtasus earth.
Kind of hate to do that because it indiscriminate.

I would advise throwing down BT. It doesn't require a direct hit and is only harmful to organisms with an alkaline digestive system ie caterpillars.

I would advise throwing down BT. It doesn't require a direct hit and is only harmful to organisms with an alkaline digestive system ie caterpillars.
Will that affect the earth worms?

Will that affect the earth worms?
It's pretty specific for insect larvae. There might even be a type focused toward cutworms.

BT is only for lepodoptera, if I spelled that right, as in moth and butterfly larva. Earth worms are in a different family called segmented worms.
And they have to ingest the product. They pick it up while eating, and is the most effective or quickest acting on those worms that eat a lot/very fast ie: cut worms, tomato horn worms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom