New 45 Owner (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I will try to remember to delete some when I am at a computer next. I can't fix it on my phone!!!

This thread needs more pictures!

I would start by getting some monster truck axles, the biggest tires you can find ,a Keith Black BB, Nitrous 400 shot, who doesn't like NOS? Paint a naked chick fighting a dragon on the doors, tint the windows, get a 3" dia chain steering wheel, exhaust through the bed, build a roll bar and cover it in black tape, a couple chrome diff covers, might as well chrome the driveshaft and steering box too, and mount as many KC daylighters as you can but don't wire them in........

Of course that would only happen in 1989, honestly man its your truck and you should do what you want because your the one who's going to be driving it, saying that I would drive it for a year before you tear it down for a frame off, nice truck BTW :beer:

Issue with Manitoba is it would not pass a safety as is. Once a car/truck changes ownership here it must pass a safety to get on the road. I need to do a ton of work for it to pass so I might as well start now. Original owner could drive as is until forced to do a safety....I can't.

Mine came with a valid BC inspection, insurance saw that and didn't bat an eye, I was expecting to be hauled in front of the judge while he demanded an out of province.......got lucky.

Mine came with a valid BC inspection, insurance saw that and didn't bat an eye, I was expecting to be hauled in front of the judge while he demanded an out of province.......got lucky.

Luck you.....our process is very draconian and Iam going to start taking it apart.

This thread needs more pictures!

I would start by getting some monster truck axles, the biggest tires you can find ,a Keith Black BB, Nitrous 400 shot, who doesn't like NOS? Paint a naked chick fighting a dragon on the doors, tint the windows, get a 3" dia chain steering wheel, exhaust through the bed, build a roll bar and cover it in black tape, a couple chrome diff covers, might as well chrome the driveshaft and steering box too, and mount as many KC daylighters as you can but don't wire them in........

Of course that would only happen in 1989, honestly man its your truck and you should do what you want because your the one who's going to be driving it, saying that I would drive it for a year before you tear it down for a frame off, nice truck BTW :beer:
73fj
Can't believe you forgot the most important part for your dream truck, Dingle berries for the windshied;)

well.......I didn't really forget, they kind of go with the chain steering wheel, curtains gotta match the carpet, knowwhatimsaying?

Luck you.....our process is very draconian and Iam going to start taking it apart.

Brother, you need to find a friendly mechanic to do an inspection for you so you can drive it

IMG_20150529_182536_hdr.jpg

Started the 30 day permit period today the 45 is home. You will see that like father like 17 year old son. My son has 1980 VW Westfalia on jack stands in the driveway. He is replacing the upper, lower ball joints and the tie rod ends. Oh and changing the brake pads....

Just drive it and enjoy before you rip her apart ! Since you own a metal shop you can fab your own parts ! I like the lift and would leave the reversal as is but maybe go leaf under with a 4'' lift, you will have to shim the leaf pack though.
I rebuilt mine from the ground up and galvanized the frame, so I'm sure you can at some point stip the frame / weld/repair and prep the frame with the finish you want.

Enjoy !

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom