Firewood? (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Made a lot of progress on the limb today.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

We have cottonwoods around here, but never seen one that big. That thing is huge and I can only imagine the saw needed to cut that down.

I have to praise you on your collection of saws. I only have a couple but the last one I bought had the quick break mechanism on the handle (MS361). I believe it's a brilliant idea, but I see you don't run a saw with that feature. Just preference?

I bet he had at least 5 ms361s in the shed.. ;)

He may have 5 MS361's, but they are made with and without the quick break. I haven't see one of his saw's yet with that feature. I told my self, the only saws I buy going forward will have this feature.

I'm trying to see if the real woodcutters view them as amateurish. If so, I'm OK with that.

Last edited:
I know around my area, the pros that work for a big outfit, require you to use the brake. Apply the brake and lay it on it's side, when no using. I on the other hand, take them off, seems to get in the way. :meh:

The feature Snobdds is talking about is the triple activated chain brake. The throttle interlock on the rear handle is larger and acts as a brake. If you let go of the saw with your rear hand, the chain stops. Just like engaging the chain brake.

Awesome feature.

I'll play along. Some Hackberry, Honey Locust, and Osage Orange.
1433351182300.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using IH8MUD Forum mobile app

Last edited:
Holy wood chips! In that last picture, is that the limb or the trunk. It's huge compared to the splitter. A lot of nice firewood.

Nice, would like to get some time and borrow your energy for a few days.;)

I have been maintaining and working up a parts list this weekend on our stuff. Looks like just some bump knobs, covers, and the HT101 is in the need of a carb.

Not mine, but someone also dropped off and asked if I could inspect and sharpen a toothless chain on their Echo....
"All it needs is a sharpening"....

Echo bar.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom