What did you do on your 70 series today? (30 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@Malahki
Got a link for the light mod? Looks like one for the to do list this coming long weekend!
No website that I am aware of, although @1978HJ45 can chime in if their is. Otherwise just shoot him a message and he will get you set up.

Easily one of the best bang for your buck upgrades you can do.

New correct OEM lug nuts today.

image.jpg

Available in the US:

image.jpg

Got rid of these nasty ones....

image.jpg

Much better for my OEM soul....

image.jpg

While I was at it I installed new OEM mirrors as well.

These are from a later 7x series but they are a direct fit. Most of the old 1980's mirrors rattle and shake and I didn't want any of that.

Part numbers:

image.jpg

Difference between the two is that the later ones are not "breakaway" style. They are purely manual adjusting.

image.jpg

The gasket is slightly different and you can see the difference here:

image.jpg

But in all honesty it is a great upgrade over the old OEM iterations which are no longer available here or in Japan.

image.jpg

I used an acid based eagle one product.

I parked the 74 behind my 100 and my buddies 80 for a 3-generation family (and friend) photo:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432822297.225978.jpg

I also got a chrome mirror from Amayama the other day, allegedly OEM but the fit is off. It's hard to tell in photos but the base tilts back toward the window too much:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432822907.085047.jpg

Here is the original mirror on the driver (RH) side, you can see how this sits straight up:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432822923.337814.jpg

Perhaps I should've added a wood shim during installation?!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432856684.934972.jpg

I am stuck driving my wife's car. She found a spider in it a refuses to drive it until I have photographic proof it is dead[emoji30] I have resorted to cruising my neighborhood looking for spiders to murder and plant in the car.... I miss my 70

I brought these tail lights and found my 75 has round plug type electrical fittings so been hunting a set of late model square type fittings and got lucky. :)
iphone6 001.JPG
iphone6 002.JPG

I also got a chrome mirror from Amayama the other day, allegedly OEM but the fit is off. It's hard to tell in photos but the base tilts back toward the window too much:
View attachment 1083486

Here is the original mirror on the driver (RH) side, you can see how this sits straight up:
View attachment 1083487

Perhaps I should've added a wood shim during installation?!

@fireball , what's up with your windshield?

New front sway bar bushings. Very worth the effort.

Out with the old crap. Bushings were torn, hard and not doing what they need to do: cushion and support.

image.jpg

image.jpg

In with the new stuff. I reused the main bolt, retainers and the sleeve. Bushings and top lock nut were procured new. Available in U.S. market. Basically 60/62 stuff.

D-style bushings:

image.jpg

image.jpg

Shaft bushings:

image.jpg

Lock nut:

image.jpg

Al of the parts nice and clean.

image.jpg

Awesome Beno! Those cushions/bushings are on my List also.
Will I need longer bolts since PO added a 2" lift?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom