1983 Mint 60 with 85K miles - worth? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

lcgeek

Glad to meet you!
Threads
Apologies in advance to pop in and ask the "what's it worth" question. I have a buddy that is thinking about selling his mint condition 60 (been stored in airplane hanger most of it's life) and it has under 90K miles. What's something like that go for these days?

$10k? Maybe more to the right EBay buyer.

Condition Condition Condition I am seeing 60/62s in nice condition LIST for anywhere from $8.5 to $16K. What they sell for we have no idea. 90K is very low mileage. If everything is in good shape I would clean it to within an inch of it's life, including the under carriage and engine compartment along with drive line. List it for big money and see what you get. He has nothing to loose.

I give you 100 dollah.

thanks for the feedback guys, appreciate the ballparks. I agree the ebayer's are probably dreaming on those super high ones. Thanks to the comedians too, always need a good chuckle. :)

Here are a few pics, but not too good, and he just pulled it in out of the rain.

Nice looking 60. She should bring a respectable price.

Wow that thing is very nice.. If everything operates like its suppose too and no major oil leaks I would say over 10 grand..

I would pay more than 10 for that thing.. Its awesome!

It is worth paying someone to clean it. Cruisers are bringing good money at auction and private sale. If it is all there and looking like as new as it can and in good running condition I bet it could pull closer to $20K if he waited for the right buyer.

Looks like a nice 60. How are the mechanics and maintenance? If it's in driveable condition I think it would sell for $20k+

thanks again guys for opinions. Found a few more details, though not 100% verified. It is not my buddy's rig, he was the one who called me yesterday on it, and we only spoke briefly through bad phone signal so I mistakenly assumed he was talking about one of his own cruisers (he is a cruiserhead mechanic himself and has a few). It turns out it is the owner's rig of the Toyota dealership he works at, although the owner is now deceased and they are liquidating a few of his assets. Apparently it was purchased new by owner of the dealership. He drove it less than 3k miles a year just tooling around town every once and a while, to the deer lease once a year, and to the dealership monthly for any needed maintenance. My buddy is going to put it on the rack today or tomorrow and get back to me on true cosmetic and mechanical condition. I'm thinking I may buy it - it just appears to be too cherry :)
Thanks again!

'the closer you look, the better she gets'

Beauty rig!

15k no problem. Color is right.

However low miles does not mean it does not need things fixed.

I have 113k(bought in 2000 with 92k) on my 86, would not sell it for 15k.

I'm curious what they will want for it. I don't see the point of paying big bucks for a truck that won't see many miles driven, but to each his own.

She's racked up and getting a thorough inspection the next few days before I head out to bring her home :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom