Builds Big Red Toy (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I've been in Boston since Wednesday. It's crazy seeing the Austin area on CNN.

Thanks for correcting the link. Hard to work off the phone. Yeah between the grill and condenser. Might have to shave the grill some.

Had some issues starting the truck today. First time it does this since I added the dual battery setup. I had charged batteries so I figured it was the starter.i could hear it click but not turn. I banged on it a few times still nothing. Decided to take a walk and come back to it. Started like nothing was up . Wonder if the salt water had something to do with it or my starter is just dying

Had some issues starting the truck today. First time it does this since I added the dual battery setup. I had charged batteries so I figured it was the starter.i could hear it click but not turn. I banged on it a few times still nothing. Decided to take a walk and come back to it. Started like nothing was up . Wonder if the salt water had something to do with it or my starter is just dying
My Mule does that all the time. Everytime it's corrosion on the negative battery terminal.

I had similar issues, but fixed it by using a relay and the stock starter circuit. The relay was triggered by the starter circuit and fed power directly to the starter from the battery.

I just got my vw inspected, it passed, filled it up with fuel and on my way home I blew out a front tire. I guess it's just one of those days the fortune cookie warned me about.

Dave curious about your setup

Going to the meeting?

This came in.

1432792829166.jpg

Old Vs new

1432792871084.jpg

The new one was a bit wider which made the install harder.

Finally got it on there.there's no way to reuse the old grill, but I like the way it looks right now. I might commission trail tailor to build a custom grill that sticks forward a bit.

1432793007932.jpg

1432793023658.jpg

1432793037878.jpg

Drove it around a bit. The EGTs are the same while accelerating, but lower while cruising which allows me to give it more boost.
I was surprised how hot the turbo side of the intercooler gets and how cool the other side is. I need to order some silicone boots so I can fit the pipes better and line up everything.

Looks good. Did you bolt it down or is it just supported by the silicone elbows?

it looks like you have an inch or so of backwards room? Or is that space for the AC condenser?

Looks good. Did you bolt it down or is it just supported by the silicone elbows?
right now it's just the silicone elbows. I need to pass by edwin's shop so I can get him to fab up a bracket to bolt it down. The thing is my other car is down and I need to be in Ft Worth for drill tonight. You think it can make it?

That looks like it fits damn near perfect.

It was a bit larger than the old intercooler, so I had to cut a bit more to get the pipes to line up better. The signal lights aren't as lined up but that's because I need a 90 degree silicone elbow but used a straight one for now.

it looks like you have an inch or so of backwards room? Or is that space for the AC condenser?

There's a condenser line there, but I can probably move it back a bit once the 90 degree elbow comes in.

Last edited:
Get some strapping and use the two mounting points on the intercooler to temporarily secure it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom