The Cursed Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks pappy. I'd rather not add more of a smell to my house then there already is from the front axle rebuild.

Picked up my gear oil from Walmart. Hard to beat $12 a gallon even if its 80w-90 but that fits better as where I live we get cold winters and really hot summers.

Thought I'd give some more info. Still haven't done the clutch as I don't have time til next week but I did get the new MC in and the stainless steel braided line. I would recommend that to anyone. $35 from Marlin Crawler and it replaces that stock rubber line. Hardest part was getting the top bolt and nut off of the firewall but that's it. I also got the new slave cylinder from CDan the other day. And a rear main from Toyota...$41 for a rear main for my truck. Also got all the bolts I need to finish up my front axle as I ruined 3 studs and a nut

Last edited:
See so kinda like I was saying earlier man, 40 bucks for just the rear main. Then a HG is 50, valve guide seals are like 10 or more a piece. It adds up fast! Or buy the ENTIRE kit for 130 retail. Comes with every last little seal and gasket you could ever want.

Would've done that Toast but I didn't have the money. This clutch job is running me about $500 already. But it will be on my list of things to do.

Oh I know man I was just pointing out how they get you when you just but 1 gasket here and there

Yes I did pretty awesome kit. In still installing it but do far it's been awesome

Someone feel like helping me out and giving me some pointers on bleeding my clutch? I have all new hydraulics and I've bleed it for about 30 minutes already. I've already used a quart and now am on my gallon jug I'd just like to get this done so I can test drive my truck with a new clutch

Did you bench bleed the master? It can be tough to get all the air out.

I didn't. I'll try that and gravity bleeding.

Gravity bled the system and adjusted the master and she works great now. Thanks to KLF for his general write up. Toast were you wondering about the oversized clutch upgrade from marlin?

Yes I am wanting to get it but kinda wonder about the quality and the overall feel of the kit compared to the normal one. Please give me feedback on your opinion of the kit.

Its lovely. the engagement and disengagement is smooth, it feels great and isn't to stiff. The contents came packed well. one box has a tiny cut because of shipping that's it. It was all bolt in and even the new throwout bearing fits in and shifts smoothly. I'd recommend this kit if you want it. Not a single issue I've had with it. Even when dropping the clutch haha

IMO toast marlin makes some of the best aftermarket parts for Toyotas. If I was getting a clutch I'd go OEM or MC. Marlin has been using his own for rock crawling for a long time. They've got it down on how to make them good.

What do you think about the oversized kit vs the reg? Can you feel a torque gain. Is it really worth it?

Well this i s my first clutch and I found it to be worth it but then again my old clutch was sh*tty. This clutch grabs a lot sooner and I've noticed has no issues in hills with rolling back. It grabs easily 2 seconds sooner then my old one. I'd go with it. $319 for an over sized turbo clutch that comes with a new pilot, throwout, flywheel, clutch and clutch cover plus the heavy duty pressure plate bolts

Well I'm glad I could haha. I love Marlin's stuff and I will says its all high quality. The bearings were all Koyo's for the clutch and it truly is bolt on. Even the throwout bearing that looks different works great.

So this is a complete long shot but I thought I'd try it. Anyone have a random 8" diff sitting around with 4.56's gears that they just wanna get rid of?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom