Travelling Cruisers (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Awesome Build soenke! Thanks for sharing.

If you consider Georgia (Caucasus) for your future trip, will be happy to assist

:beer::cheers:

sorry guys,
haven´t been aktiv here for a long time...and have´t travelled for even longer.
Still we don´t miss it very much, to busy at home. The Toyo has to do farming work now and I wish we had build the cruiser more versatile....

20126052nd.jpg

20126053fu.jpg

Last edited:
all fun and no work makes a cruiser a dull boy!

soenke-what an awesome rig you have!!!!

One option would have been to lengthen the frame for ~25cm to build the cabine with more space in front of the rear axle.
if you had a choice, the frame of what car would you choose? and why?
Maybe Hilux/Tacoma or Tundra pickup will be better?
how you think, what size of the frame and engine type (include new models) would be the optimal to build analog with J4 body for two persons?

Hello buxarin,
I did not think about any other frames, wanted to keep the 80ty stock technic in place. And I am still not shure if cutting and rewelding the 80ty frame would be a good and long lasting idea...

at least had a short brake, our winter, with very little snow and ice, has been just perfect for kayaking...

21347488vn.jpg

21347489ys.jpg

Last edited:
The Toyo has to do farming work now and I wish we had build the cruiser more versatile....

I am thinking of building an expedition rig. My wife and I have two kids and was wondering what you thought of building a very capable rig and then building a trailer to contain all the camping accommodations. That way the rig is versatile and can carry four but you still have the ability to live out of it with the trailer. Only real concern is the trailer making the rig less than capable. What are your thoughts?

I was trying to describe this thing to a friend of mine who has spent time in Switzerland...he was telling me how crazy the Euro crowd goes for their expo rigs, and I was like, yeah, you should check this one out....who needs a globetrotter?

You need to sell me your truck, I wish I could afford it :(

Hey,
long time no see ... we cannot be traveling any more, so there ist no sense in keeping our Toyo in the barn and spend lots of money every year to keep it in perfect condition.

We decided to sell our Toyota, one of the best Expedition-Cruiser we have been able to experience so far :

I do not know if it could be registered in the US or Canada being officialy built in 1993.

P1010530.jpg

This vehicle is awesome. So sorry to hear you have to let it go but I am sure it will make someone very happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom