Back seat power... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hi guys - quick one: have any of you created / fitted power to the backseat in a 470? Thinking a cigarette-lighter-style circuit for the ever-present DVD player/tablet/phone stuff my 8yo stays sane with. It's crazy that a 2007 Lexus doesn't have one or more back there...

If you have added one, is it ingintion-based or constantly hot? Germans figured out the constant-hot thing 20 years ago and It seriously bugs that I have to have the key/ignition going to have any power...

You mean second row or third row?

I added one to the rear of the console using a left-over power port from a 4th Gen 4Runner. It has a little fold down door. The photo below makes it look like it sticks out a lot, but it's just the angle of the photo. It sticks out about a half inch.

I tied it into the fuse box with an Add-A-Circuit. You could do the same, using the Add-A-Circuit on an always-on fuse.

Yes, just ran the power wire from the fuse panel by the left knee, under the dash and then into the console. There are directions available on the net for getting that console apart. I grounded the outlet on a bolt under the console.

I searched for an accessory-switched circuit underneath the console to splice into, but could not find anything appropriate. I did not search for any constant-on circuits, so there may be something under there. Good luck.

A lot of people use the "Blue Sea" 12v outlets. I bought one but decided to use the 4Runner outlet instead.

Yes, just ran the power wire from the fuse panel by the left knee, under the dash and then into the console. There are directions available on the net for getting that console apart. I grounded the outlet on a bolt under the console.

I searched for an accessory-switched circuit underneath the console to splice into, but could not find anything appropriate. I did not search for any constant-on circuits, so there may be something under there. Good luck.

A lot of people use the "Blue Sea" 12v outlets. I bought one but decided to use the 4Runner outlet instead.

do you have a link to those directions... i would like to remove my console to do a few things as well as clean things while im in there -the last owner spilled about 3 gallons of coffee and lattes down in there. i got most of it but it bugs me knowing is still under what i can not see. id also like to add a USB port or two back there along with a 12v plug.

Ill probably do the same to my 07 when I'm done dealing with suspension & tires, but in the mean time my kiddos just ran a regular household extension cord through the seats from the 115v plug on the right rear panel. Works just fine, but I don't think its constant hot.

I just ran an extension cord from the AC plug to the back seat...the kids plug in :p

I have a DC port in the 3rd row for the fridge though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom