Interesting..... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
image.jpg

Wonder why Toyota decided to not make the FJC with a removable top. Both nice and unique.

Safety, pure and simple.

While the FJC is an acquired taste and lacks a lot of DNA from the lineage proclaimed to be the motivation, I'd choose an FJC to roll in over anything else badged Land Cruiser, any day.

hmmm, fjc doesn't look good as a convertible in my opinion, based on the couple of custom fjc's posted in the past on the Blue Room ... I agree with D, re his rollover point ... again, based on posts on the Blue Room by a number of folks or their spouses who have had serious accidents and walked away ... fjc and fj40 are apples and oranges ... its pretty clear what a 40 was designed for ... fjc's are a compromise vehicle at best, developed for a different time and market ... having said that my fjc does everything I ask of it ... I enjoy it as much now as when I bought it new ...

Aside from a couple of aesthetic nods, the two are not even in the same ballpark. My FJC pulls double duty as daily driver and heavy wheeler (only a few times a year though). As cool as the older LCs are, I wouldn't be able to ask the same of an FJ40.

Safety, pure and simple.

... fjc and fj40 are apples and oranges ...

Aside from a couple of aesthetic nods, the two are not even in the same ballpark.

I own and drive both, and agree with the above on all counts.

The FJC is great for driving (to where you're going to wheel it) at 80 mph, with cruise control and in air-conditioned comfort. And when you get there, you still have a decently-capable 4WD truck.

The 40 is a blast to drive and wheel, but you have to appreciate it for what it is, and what it is not. 65 mph top cruising speed on the highway, scary steering (compared to modern vehicles) with its short wheelbase, manual steering, leaf springs, and no sway bars. No cruise control. No A/C. Noisy, cramped, no air bags, slow braking, etc. You can daily drive one (lots of folks do; I drive mine most every day though I have several other vehicles), but you have to really WANT to. Not for everyone by any means.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom