What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (47 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Not so much "do to", but I did pull a broken down 18 wheeler out the road that was blocking traffic. :clap: Cop and 18 wheeler driver said there was no way it was going to move, but honestly you just got to get it rolling, and it started rolling fairly easy. No sure I broke 2000rpms, but they were pretty shocked, and I was proud of Ole Bruiser. Driver said he had about 15,000 lbs of cargo at the time.

Contemplated the need for a lift and snorkel if we continue getting rain like this....While I had no problem getting around, I also understand my limitations unlike a large percentage of drivers on the road.
image.jpg

Spotted this well equipped 100 out and about during the storms as well. Wondered if this was a forum member? Sorry for the poor picture quality I only had my phone on me.
image.jpg

You'll need a periscope for that hole.

Finished up with the timing belt, water pump, rollers, tensioner and thermostat. At just over 96k, I'm very happy to have that service out of the way.

Repacking the front bearings is the last labor intense item on the to-do list.

Cleaned the front 2 seats and the center console armrest by first scrubbing with saddle soap and then coating them with Meguiar's leather conditioner. It is amazing how much oil and grim came off of them and I made sure to use fresh white towels so I could get a good idea of just how much was on there in the first place. Now that the front is looking good and smells fresh I'm on to the back seats! Also hit 165k, not too bad for a 2000!

IMG_1091.JPG

Finished up with the timing belt, water pump, rollers, tensioner and thermostat. At just over 96k, I'm very happy to have that service out of the way.

Repacking the front bearings is the last labor intense item on the to-do list.

Make sure you have gloves and alot of paper towels. Not really labor intensive but way messy lol

Woke up and took care of the honey do's so I could play with the truck. Time to make the wheels look better - scrubbed and dried with a little help from my 11 yr old daughter - think she is going to be better at turning a wrench than either of her older brothers:clap:

Prepped and ready to spray:

IMAG1316.jpg

Finished and drying:

IMAG1317.jpg

Back on the rig:

IMAG1318.jpg

Still slowly getting the rig ready for a full re-spray. With work and projects looking like the end of July. Should give me enough time to finish fixing the little dings and dents prior to a full rig Monstaliner covering.

And now the most important job of the day - three full racks of slap yo momma baby back ribs. 4 hours of hickory smoke perfection while getting the other projects knocked out

Happy Memorial Day to all!
IMAG1319.jpg

image.jpg
Took advantage of the cabelas Memorial Day sale. Rooftop basket

Changed fluids in rear diff and transfer case.

Ran out of time to do the front diff.

And for me, got my tech license.

Not so much "do to", but I did pull a broken down 18 wheeler out the road that was blocking traffic. :clap: Cop and 18 wheeler driver said there was no way it was going to move, but honestly you just got to get it rolling, and it started rolling fairly easy. No sure I broke 2000rpms, but they were pretty shocked, and I was proud of Ole Bruiser. Driver said he had about 15,000 lbs of cargo at the time.

After all a Tundra moved the Space Shuttle... :)

Sometimes all it takes is a little forward motion. Results from a slight change in dynamics are amazing. Physics 101!

Seems like I spend most of my time just waiting on parts but the end is with in sight.

SAS_zpshlqvum6v.jpg

Ok can someone PM me a build thread?!?!

Sometimes all it takes is a little forward motion. Results from a slight change in dynamics are amazing. Physics 101!

Exactly. The police officer was telling me I shouldn't do it, the truck can't do it, and if it rips my bumper off he would not write an accident report. I said "sir, I just have to get it rolling, after that we could pull it with a golf cart." He still kept saying stuff about beyond towing capacity of the truck etc etc etc while I was hooking it to the bumper. He shut up once it started rolling though. :)

Not this weekend but picked it up from the dealership. Had the 90000 mile service with water pump and spark plugs done.

Exactly. The police officer was telling me I shouldn't do it, the truck can't do it, and if it rips my bumper off he would not write an accident report. I said "sir, I just have to get it rolling, after that we could pull it with a golf cart." He still kept saying stuff about beyond towing capacity of the truck etc etc etc while I was hooking it to the bumper. He shut up once it started rolling though. :)
:clap:
"Pessimism is only the name that men of weak nerves give to wisdom"
-Bernard DeVoto

#03 coil pack went out on Saturday. Replaced in under 30 minutes. Still need to keep one in the tool box as suggested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom