Maxsa Escaper Buddy vs MaxTrax?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Can't comment on the MaxTrax, but I got a set of the Maxsa mats a few months ago and am pretty happy with them. Got a chance to use them last weekend, not with my 80 but the Syncro, stuck on a steep rutted climb with lots of loose rocks. The mats held up well and gave good grip. I think they'll be very handy in sand and snow.

Same as @djsixbillion—bought the cheaper ones, no regrets.

They're an absolute b**** in the mud, but they work great. All those little cavities absolutely suck up every bit of mud around. They probably weigh 60lbs each when in use...

Haven't ever used them in sand or snow, but I won't wheel without them.

I have a set of the Maxsa's and loaned them out to a guy stuck in muddy rut. They worked well, giving him traction and helping to bridge a deep cross rut. So far, so good.

He was stuck in sticky clay type mud and I was worried on the mud sticking, I took a can of WD40 and sprayed both sides before they placed them in the mud. Afterward, a couple of times banging them on the ground knocked most of the mud off, and it was easy to wash the rest off later.

We use non-stick cooking spray or WD40 on out motorcycles before muddy rides, it makes keeps the mud from sticking under the fenders and clean up much easier.

Just an idea.

Ours was nasty clay-type stuff, too. Loooooooooong day of wheeling and a thunderstorm we didn't/couldn't predict—I let being tired and frustrated get in the way of actually thinking. Worst part—I had both WD and some cooking spray on hand. Second-worst part—I'm probably still too dumb to have thought of that, so thanks.

OP—get either set and a can of your favorite weinerslicker. You'll be good to go.

Has anyone who owns these had issues with the nubs melting if the tire spins to fast on them?

Has anyone who owns these had issues with the nubs melting if the tire spins to fast on them?

At least with our product, we've designed our fiber-reinforced engineering grade nylon to give way under extreme circumstances before it shreds your tire. Wheelspin creates immense heat and can destroy a tire quickly.

With MAXTRAX, you really have to be sitting there spinning your tires for quite a while for it to burn the nubs off though. Recovery gear needs to have a failure point so it doesn't cause further damage or a worse situation.

Different materials are more resilient than others, and for reference the material used in MAXTRAX is roughly a squillion times the cost of what's used in those boards. It really can't be done properly with a lesser material, like making a rifle barrel out of cheese.

^^^My Maxtrax have saved my ass on numerous occasions.

A couple months ago I did a lot of Amazon review research on this type of recovery gear. I have MAXSA on my wish list. The Smitty Built units had bad reviews for breaking and MaxTrax were double the cost of MAXSA, which had good review reminiscent of this thread.

@MAXTRAXUS why are your units twice the cost of MAXSA?

A couple months ago I did a lot of Amazon review research on this type of recovery gear. I have MAXSA on my wish list. The Smitty Built units had bad reviews for breaking and MaxTrax were double the cost of MAXSA, which had good review reminiscent of this thread.

@MAXTRAXUS why are your units twice the cost of MAXSA?

Because they're four times the product. We use an engineering-grade, fiber-reinforced nylon, one of the more expensive nylons you can purchase, to make sure our product holds up and stands the test of time.

They've also had to invest no money into research and design, advertising, and marketing; because they just copied our product and sell it for cheaper.

Mud discount on the Maxtrax then? They're next on my list of stuff to procure.....

Doh!

Because they're four times the product. We use an engineering-grade, fiber-reinforced nylon, one of the more expensive nylons you can purchase, to make sure our product holds up and stands the test of time.

They've also had to invest no money into research and design, advertising, and marketing; because they just copied our product and sell it for cheaper.

Really? The Maxsa product only loosely resembles the Maxtrax product. To call it a copy is disingenuous.

Really? The Maxsa product only loosely resembles the Maxtrax product. To call it a copy is disingenuous.

Seriously? You're kidding right? That's a copy.

They changed as few things as possible from the originals as to not get sued. Now don't get me wrong, I wish the real deal cost 1/4 of what they do, but that doesn't make it right for others to blatantly copy the originals.

Now, back to the OP's post. Anyone else with positive experiences or negatives with the Maxsa's?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom