CUSTOM BUMPERS FOR SALE (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I finally installed my front bumper today! There were a few issues with the powder coating but they were sorted out. I think the bumper and coating turned out great!! Thanks again Jason!!

IMGP3350-XL.jpg

IMGP3351-XL.jpg

IMGP3353-XL.jpg

IMGP3354-XL.jpg

Thanks C, looks like you got your new OME lift.

J

Revised the gutter mount and it is off to the cutter.

Hopefully I'll have about 100 of these ready to start work on by Friday. 10 are mine, and 22 others are sold as soon as I can get them completed..

J

View attachment 942404 View attachment 942405 View attachment 942406

I ordered and received 6 gutter mounts from J. I must say that I am really impressed with how quick I received these and with the quality, simple (which I really like) but very sturdy. Can't wait to revive my 60 and mount these.

Thanks for the great customer service Jason!

Are you still selling the feet? And would they fit on an FJ40 hardtop gutter?

Actually that is Stoffel Jr, a stuffed plush of Stoffel's name sake. Look up Stoffel the honey badger and laugh your ass of. He can't be stopped! Hence the name of my rig.

That plush was given to me as a xmas present from a close friend. It never leaves the vehicle!

Such AWESOME bumpers! Thanks again Jason!

IMGP3487-XL.jpg

IMG_0466-XL.jpg

Mr tibbs. On the sliders, does the distance out on the outriggers get in the way of getting in and out of the truck or do you use them as a step? And how tall are you? Thanks

I use the sliders as a step. That was a the point more than using them as sliders. I am around 5'9", and my wife is around 5'4". I knew after I got the lift the wife and others would need the steps to get into the vehicle. They work great for steps and a jack point for my high lift!!

Are you still selling the feet? And would they fit on an FJ40 hardtop gutter?

No these are too short. I am close to being out of the first run mounts. I am going to try and find a happy medium length between the 40/55/60 and 80 if possible. If not I will split the order between 40 and 55 and then 60 and 80 designs.

J

Could you come up with a vertically adjustable version and cover all the models?

Installed J's bumpers over the weekend:

Review:

After receiving the f/r bumpers from J, I sent them off to be powder coated. Then they sat in my storage container from. . .I don't know, 6 months? Project after project kept getting in the way but finally. . .installed those mofo's this past weekend.

I've read horror stories about bumper installs but I'm here to tell you this: Jason's bumpers went on like they were made from the factory. I mean that in the literal sense. Rear bumper install time was less than 30 mins; front was less than 20 mins. I did the rear first - you know, I"m an ass man all the way - and the bumper rails slid easily into the frame rails, check. Got underneath with bolts in hand and WTF. . .the bumper holes lined up with the frame holes PERFECTLY. I didn't have to adjust, drill, and/or manipulate anything. Next came the swing outs and again, easy as pie. Front bumper was just as easy as the mounting holes lined up 100% and made it just as easy as the rear (that's what she said).

As many of you know, I'm not exactly a mechanically-oriented guy. I'm learning, slowly, but many of these projects are both intimidating and frustrating to me. Jason's bumpers were the opposite. Yes, I understand it's not the same as a dash project or a motor swap, but the fact that the prep instructions matched the final product was amazing. Aside from the aesthetic quality of the bumpers, the build quality and ease of installation makes J's bumpers easily worth twice what I paid. That's my opinion - fit/function are worth a premium to me and something I've always been willing to pay for without hesitation.

Build quality: Un-fxxxing-believable. A+
Ease of mounting: Un-fxxxing-belivable. A+
Aesthetics: Manly, tough, run-u-the-****-over strong. A+
Recommendation: See above review.

Shane

Installed J's bumpers over the weekend:

Review:

After receiving the f/r bumpers from J, I sent them off to be powder coated. Then they sat in my storage container from. . .I don't know, 6 months? Project after project kept getting in the way but finally. . .installed those mofo's this past weekend.

I've read horror stories about bumper installs but I'm here to tell you this: Jason's bumpers went on like they were made from the factory. I mean that in the literal sense. Rear bumper install time was less than 30 mins; front was less than 20 mins. I did the rear first - you know, I"m an ass man all the way - and the bumper rails slid easily into the frame rails, check. Got underneath with bolts in hand and WTF. . .the bumper holes lined up with the frame holes PERFECTLY. I didn't have to adjust, drill, and/or manipulate anything. Next came the swing outs and again, easy as pie. Front bumper was just as easy as the mounting holes lined up 100% and made it just as easy as the rear (that's what she said).

As many of you know, I'm not exactly a mechanically-oriented guy. I'm learning, slowly, but many of these projects are both intimidating and frustrating to me. Jason's bumpers were the opposite. Yes, I understand it's not the same as a dash project or a motor swap, but the fact that the prep instructions matched the final product was amazing. Aside from the aesthetic quality of the bumpers, the build quality and ease of installation makes J's bumpers easily worth twice what I paid. That's my opinion - fit/function are worth a premium to me and something I've always been willing to pay for without hesitation.

Build quality: Un-fxxxing-believable. A+
Ease of mounting: Un-fxxxing-belivable. A+
Aesthetics: Manly, tough, run-u-the-****-over strong. A+
Recommendation: See above review.

Shane

Glad you like them Shane. It was a fun build for sure. Let me know if you need anything at all.

Jason

I'm going to have to find a 60 now since the 80 stuff is NLA!

I'm going to have to find a 60 now since the 80 stuff is NLA!

Be a good idea... regardless... HEE HEE!

Not saying I won't ever build another 80 bumper, just want to really spend some R&D time on it to make it look different than anything out there.

J

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom