Importing JDM's to Canada (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey! new to the forum. Ive been spending alot of time on here after taking a liking to the 80 series. anyway Im thinking about importing a jdm diesel but after doing some research online it looks like alot of the importing sites are dead or old as hell.

i'd like to hear about people experiences importing to Canada, more so western Canada.

Your can import your own, check craigslist or the like or you can also contact brave auto, they have good reviews and are used lots by a few Canadian guys.

You may wish to read this ..
BSF5048 : Importing a Vehicle Into Canada

suggest you also look at the way they like to charge tax (on tax)... somebody has to pay all those bxxtxxds who call themselves "public servants" (and their gilt edged indexed pensions!!)

Incidentally there is a lot of info online about "very good/honest" Japanese dealers and "not so good - piss poor lying & thieving Japanese dealers" ( I am paraphrasing a little here!) that you can order your JDM vehicle from. You have been warned.

ALSO on a "happy" note, to quote from the link: "If you arrive at a CBSA office and your vehicle does not meet the requirements of both the CBSA and Transport Canada, you must either export or destroy your vehicle under the CBSA's supervision. You are responsible for all the related costs. In such circumstances, duty and GST may not be refunded." BOHICA! .... you've gotta ask yourself one question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk? :):)

(PS - I am not trying to discourage you from doing it yourself and I AM NOT an importer trying to keep you out of my turf as some JDM import operations will do - in fact I brought a vehicle into Canada a number of years ago under RIV which was fairly painless - at the time... but I think the Japanese angle is dicey UNLESS you have a really good contact at that end to work with you through the process)

Hello

I am trying to import a 1990 LC diesel HDJ80 into canada from the US - all is fine except that the required sticker on the inside of the driver's door - is not present
Canada customs rewuires that apart from the Title (clean) I provide a proof of date of manufacturing by producung a letter from Toyota ,,
Toyota Canada says they cannot proivide this since they do not have the VIN in their records ( the vehicle was imported from germany to the US ) it has a clean NY state title
can you guide me on this I woudl greattly appreciate your help

prain1@gmail.com

thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom