HZJ77 Heater Fan Problems (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Glad to be on the forum... was recently recommended by my brother. I am an American living in Uganda. I own an HZJ77, and have had it now for 12 years. A couple years back a rat made it's home in our heater fan...we got rid of the rat but the fan then only worked on medium and high speed. Over time medium quit working, and most recently we lost high speed as well.

I attempted to find a new fan motor in Uganda, but was unable. From what I have read on this forum it sounds like it may be a resistor...

I am in the States until July, and want to return with the proper parts. I am looking for advice...are these parts available? Should I purchase the resistor only and hope the fan motor is still good, or try to buy both while I can? I need to buy other miscellaneous parts as well...recommendations?

Thanks ahead of time!
HZJ77 1.JPG

HZJ77 2.JPG
fan 2.jpg

Hi Welcome to the mud. It sounds like the resistor is burnt out. But the fan should work on high speed even with a burnt out resister.
If you can get the motor tested, just put 24v in the plug + & - are marked on the case. It has given you good service, get it some new bits.

Thank you! The info and links are so useful, and I have found the part I need at a price I can actually afford. It looks like they will even ship to the U.S. I decided it would be best to get the whole fan blower assembly....and as stated it is time for some new bits. I am assuming that the resistor is also located within the fan assembly and not some place else?

Unfortunately I am not in a position to test the parts, as they are still in Uganda and I am currently in the States. I just need to be sure that the parts I bring back with me will solve my problem.

Amayama has two options...to ship from UAE or from Japan. The price from UAE is about $70 cheaper than Japan, but are the parts from, UAE trustworthy? In Uganda there are so many counterfeited parts that I have become gun-shy about any parts not from Toyota.

Resistors and motor brushes typically need replacement over time. I've never seen a fan motor itself conk out. Glad you found what you need.

if the fan motor works fine on high and medium speed you know there's nothing wrong with the fan so there's no need to buy a replacement, its usually always the resister that dies of old age I usually pop up to the junk yard and get one out of a similar age Toyota car, the resister is located in the plastic ducting behind the motor

generic_AIR_527.jpg

The fan was working on medium and high for a while... Medium stopped and eventually we lost high as well. I think what I decided to do is go ahead and bring both motor and resistor back with me to ensure the problem is resolved. Thanks everybody for your time and help!

I tired to find a used one in Uganda but 24v was a problem... And junkyards just don't have a whole lot there.

Amayama has two options...to ship from UAE or from Japan. The price from UAE is about $70 cheaper than Japan, but are the parts from, UAE trustworthy? In Uganda there are so many counterfeited parts that I have become gun-shy about any parts not from Toyota.

Its possible they are getting their parts direct from Denso who make the parts for Toyota. The UAE have a huge demand for 7* series parts.
Australia gets a lot of quality aftermarket parts. I rarely buy from Toyota unless I have to.
Ask the UAE seller if they are Denso parts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom