Yaesu 8800R install (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I actually NEVER use the Ham radio around here, only used it out there...ya sad I know. Gotta be prepared though!

Two questions:

1. Nice work mounting where the sub previously existed:) What's the background story on that metal plate?
2. Did you need any other mounting product to secure the antenna on the passenger side? Is that simply the coaxial cable and the antenna itself?

Muchos garcias.

Bump.

I found the plate, but if anyone can add insight into the power set up for those wiring a Yaesu to a 2nd battery, I'm needing the help!

With the help of Rusty and a few others I figured it out, will share soon..

Please do - just got my Tech license today.

Bump.

I found the plate, but if anyone can add insight into the power set up for those wiring a Yaesu to a 2nd battery, I'm needing the help!

Can you share (or point me to) the info about the mounting plate?

Just in case someone else wanders across this thread, and has the same question.

I think I found the answer here:
Complete Stereo Overhaul

MD Building Products 12 in. x 12 in. 16-Gauge Weldable Sheet-56038 - The Home Depot

1. Buy this piece of metal from homedepot. It''s 12x12.
2. Find a metal fab shop to cut an inch or so, just enough to make it fit.
3. Drill holes as needed to secure to the frame mounts where the sub fit.

I don't recommend using the stamping method in the photo, but suggest using screws as it will certainly wear over time.
Any amp that will stand being mounted to that 12x12 plate ought to work..

Just in case someone else wanders across this thread, and has the same question.

I think I found the answer here:
Complete Stereo Overhaul

Yep. Sorry this wasn't cross referenced. That mounting plate worked like a charm and it solved two problems, namely my subwoofer and then mounting my radio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom