MPG Poll for 22re toyota 4x4's (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My truck consistently returns about 21 MPG. 90 Xtra cab 4x4 with 22RE, 5speed, stock tires and gears, with ENGNBLDR RV head, 270 cam and a heavy right foot in stop and go traffic.

SizzleChest said:
i think the 3.0 V6 was only rated to get 16-17 when brand new. are you maybe using imperial gallons?

well im using whatever gallons my local gas station uses, and being in central missouri i doubt they are imperial gallons.

lunyou

15 - 17 highway. 13 - 15 in town. 87 22re

Might have something to do with beadlocked 35's, few hundred pounds of trail armor and winch, 5:29's and sitting pretty high. :D

I get between 15 and 20 mpg. 87 22RE with dog-s*** automatic
Just blew h20 pump I think. truck needs a vortec!

you have to put into consideration how big your tires are.The odometer will read lower than the actual amount of distance traveled(if your tires are larger than stock)

arlingallagher said:
89 22re 8 litres to 10k, 550 on tank of 65l
550km/65L = 19.9 mi/gal ;)

I get ~20.5 city, ~22.5 hiway (75 mph) - '86 4runner, 5-sp, 30" ATs (diam. adjusted), stock 22RE w/LCE headers, stock cat/muffler

Jukelemon said:
So, let me know MPG and whether or not your 02 is newer or stock.
Trail junk '88 reg cab, 180,000 miles, on 32"s, with 2 year old O2 sensor = 22 mpg consistently.

Daily driver '94 Xtra cab with 102,000 miles, on stock 225s, with original O2 sensor = 24 MPG consistently.

KliersLC said:

My 93 xcab w/ 4.56's and 33" tires (4" lift) regularily got 20+ combined city/freeway. An ex-girlfriends 94 4Runner V6/auto got 20 on the hwy. My ex-wife's 94, lifted, locked, DOA'd, modded 4Runner did upper teens on the highway... Not hard to do if well maintained.

Hi. Let me know what you guys are getting.

I see 19mpg highway/city combined all of the time. Seems a bit low to me.

I keep getting the 02 sensor code but then it goes away-it is original on a 160k truck. I know it is time to swap BUT wanted to see if that was going to make a marked improvement.

Thx
My last 88 4runner with tready all terrain 265 70 16's got 15-17 when LOADED perhaps overloaded.
Ok I overloaded it 'til the springs went flat with a crgo box in the rear and surfboards aside a yakima box a mile high. this was on/ and plenty of off road Baja. Tuned yes, but I never messed with the TPS sensor on that one or god forbid the octane adjustment. My vehicle definitely did better on Mexican Green Pemex "Magna: that US gas. Cold air injection? Naw, I found hot desert air improvements.

Hi. Let me know what you guys are getting.

I see 19mpg highway/city combined all of the time. Seems a bit low to me.

I keep getting the 02 sensor code but then it goes away-it is original on a 160k truck. I know it is time to swap BUT wanted to see if that was going to make a marked improvement.

Thx
Just picked up a high miles perfect compression 87 4runner 4x4 that barely ran. The culprits were many but the Pesky TPS was number 1. its adjustment must have a huge bearing on MPG. Hobbling along crippled it got 15, near all town, a couple of hwy test runs as I was ironing things out.
I have stock gearing (double checked) and auto front hubs ( never had those before ) in the runner.
Stock gearing 265/70/16 M/S tires ( not aggressive at all) I havent calculated MPG since I have it "dialed in" or at least mostly.
I'm sure running evenly worn bald tires would make for a marked mpg improvement. companies are marketing Fuel efficient tires.
maybe I'll disable the front tcase on my FZJ and put slicks on it when not offroading, ha. Then I could compete in sand time trials as well.
I will post my new found mpg soon. have idle Set at 850 and timing at 5 Btdc as per manual for 4x4 my year, Replaced the o2 sensor and gapped new plugs as per manual. yes i jumpered it before setting initial timing.
The Dance with the pesky TPS took a good day. Yes I replaced the hex bolts with Allen Key Bolt. I have a better upgrade! FIND THE METRIC ALLEN BOLT WITH RIDGES AROUND THE CIRCUMFERANCE OF THE HEAD. my local hardware store had them in the drawers. Bike shops use them for bottle cages and the likes. because I was being a good boy and using anti seize, and I had already but my freshly helicoiled thermostat housing back on. I spent eons trying to thread the little smooth and lubed allen bolt in there.
I sure as heck hope to get 20 unladen with the top off after all that. Oy Vey!
will hunt for input on the octane adjuster (BEEN TOLD NOT TO TOUCH IT) you know how that goes oh children of the repressed,

alright...I received a 1994 4X4 extra cab pick up from my grandpa in February. It had 340K on the clock when I took it. It rolls on 235/75/15s, is stock IFS configured, no bumpers or other armour. When I got it, it had the camper shell on it- prolly 120 pounds or more- the high top shell. I have been driving it daily to work 54 miles and 3900' each direction, 5 days a week. it gets 20.5-21+ MPG without being a gas pedal nazi/ aka/ I bury the pedal frequently; maybe not all the time tho...about to get it smogged for reg just after 350K miles...I will do NOTHING to change the drivetrain in this rig...

I run the ac too;)

Just got back from a little trip last weekend and my 85 efi pickup got 22mpg. Not bad. It is completely stock and rolls on 235/75/15. Has 171k miles . This truck is perfect the way it is stock!

I was getting a constant 17-18 mpg using walmart's gas. Got 20-21mpg last 2 tanks using shell. Think I'll avoid the cheaper Walmart gas from now on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom